Sega Europe informed us this morning that its released a new downloadable patch for Virtua Fighter 5 on the Xbox 360. The patch will include a number of gameplay additions and enhancements including:
* Some characters will now be able to select costume-specific pants in alternate costumes, for example equipping Costume A pants in Costume B.
* Replays of online battles can now be saved.
* One additional item per character (appear as "Downloaded item" in Costume settings/Item edit dialog).
* Gamer pictures will now be shown in online battles.
* After winning the World Tournament Final, it's now more likely that rivals you have not defeated will be playing in arcades.When someone joins an online match, you can now see their connection quality.
* Various fixes for minor bugs, including a texture bug.
* Easier sorting of rankings.
* Rematches in Online VS. Player Matches now possible even when the players haven't added their opponent to their friend list
The Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 is based on the latest arcade version update and features both analog stick and D-pad control, as well as vibration support. The game also includes an improved Quest mode featuring more CPU rivals, items, and emblems for character customisation. The DOJO mode has added features including leaderboards, training move settings, improved throw escape training, and the option to change your opponent's position and recovery type. These all work to create a more refined DOJO mode where players can improve their fighting strategy.