Yes the day has finally arrived so put down that Voodoo stick and pack up your demonic circle because Blizzard Entertainment have unveiled - Diablo III.
At the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational the news that millions have hoped for has broken out across the land. 3D engine, Witchdoctor class, collapsible walls... demonic bliss.
The official Diablo III trailer preaches:
"It has been said that in the end of all things, we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind, the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death. For I have seen what the darkness hides."
The leader designer for Diablo III has said at the event, which is the epitome of Coolville, that the sequel to the King of aRPGs will be "first and foremost a co-operative game." Likely tapping into the huge player base that still enjoys a good trek through D2 with their chums on 'players 8' setting.
Not only has a trailer demonically possessed socks to be blown clear out of this dimension but a flood of images have surfaced too over at.
The host of improvements coming in Diablo III include, but not limited to:
- A new hot bar with quick swapping abilities and the option to just wield the mouse
- Magnificent visuals that aren't shy about letting a horde of monsters beat you senseless
- Instant health replenishing pick-ups so no scrambling for the hotkey all the time
- Full 3D graphics environment with that Blizzard artwork magic - gritty and vibrant
- Walls can be used as a weapon to topple over onto foes
- A new class, Witchdoctor, which will revolve around ancient tribal magics like mind control and support pets
I'm almost too exctied to type. No doubt there'll be more info clawing its way out of Blizzards jaw so stay tuned!