They promise there's "none of the crazy disorientation" with the camera anymore, and Twitch.TV integration is a-go. New mod folder means tweaks sit "side by side with game files".
Haven't finished fabricating that fancy new factory yet? Well you'd better hurry because degradation now occurs after a time, and walls have cooldowns too.
"It's been a super busy couple of weeks for the Planetary Annihilation team over here at Uber Entertainment. And today, we've got a brand new build of the game to share with all of you. It has a lot of game-changing features and mechanics. Also, it incorporates some tweaks and fixes you'll definitely want to check out," Uber.
Latest update highlights:
▪ Interplanetary Nukes - Bodies in orbit can now nuke each other. This is still a work in progress, but we think this feature nicely expands interplanetary warfare.
▪ Orbital Camera Overhaul - We have a new integrated camera with more degrees of freedom and, more importantly, none of the crazy disorientation when zooming in from celestial view. Give it a shot and tell us what you think!
▪ Kick / Kick-Ban - Now you can kick players from your matches. This is a pretty heavily requested feature, so we're stoked to introduce the concept with this update.
▪ Twitch.TV Integration - Now you can stream your matches from in-game! Just sign in to Twitch from the settings menu and start streaming immediately.
▪ Changes To Unit / Building Selection - Complete re-write of selection logic. This is mostly internal, but some behaviors have changed. Let us know which corners we forgot to round off.
▪ Tech 1 Bot Factory Redesign - Bot factories have a newer, more distinct look.
▪ New Mod Folder - Mods can now sit side by side with game files without replacing them. There's a post in the mod forum with the details on this.
▪ Collision Tweak - Added rectangular collision volumes for naval units, which should allow for more accurate targeting and movement.
▪ Structure Build Atrophy - Incomplete structures will now degrade over time and vanish after a cooldown period. Walls have been given a cooldown too, which makes it harder to abuse them.
Uber has announced that no hard release date exists for Planetary Annihilation as it's done.
Planetary Annihilation updated with new orbital camera, interplanetary nukes
11 December 2013 | By Simon Priest
- Related Games:
- Planetary Annihilation