Carbine's WildStar MMO will be welcoming everyone for an open beta period this May 8th. Keys will be given to anyone who signs up during the 10 days of the event, while closed testers can just login.
Content up to level 30 will be available to open beta testers. Carbine tease new abilities, tier points and areas and modes once you reach the new beta cap.
The open beta runs May 8th to the 18th, with a full launch of WildStar taking place June 3rd. Carbine revealed WildStar'snot too long ago.
Open Beta includes:
▪ Farside – You ever want to go to the moon and float around while swinging a massive sword into badass, vicious, people eating extra-terrestrials? Me too. Now you that you've hit level 30, travel to Farside and get some space between you and the planet Nexus.
▪ Galeras Adventure – Tower defense just became a whole lot more epic. You and four friends are all that stands between an invading force and holding the fort before reinforcements can arrive. The opposing faction is going to throw everything they've got against you: Tanks, missile strikes, snipers, stealth assassins, and some hulking military commandos are trying to make your life hell while you are holding for reinforcements... maybe you should return the favour and kick some ass, cupcake!
▪ Two New Abilities – Kicking ass is pretty awesome. Now you can kick MORE ass with two new abilities that are unlocked for your class at level 30.
▪ New Ability Slot – Hot damn, at level 30 you can unlock the final ability slot! Why don't you buy a new ability and throw that into your brutality rotation!
▪ Tier Points – Power up your abilities to continue to become an even bigger ass kicker. Or don't. Whatever, that's cool too.