Theocrats are those who "lead the masses by their hearts." They heal, persuade, minister and convert, says Triumph. Their power lies in the zealotry of their followers.
This leader class doesn't have many directly offensive powers at their disposal but they're just as dangerous to their enemies because of their devoted armies.
"Age of Wonders III introduces RPG-style class-based character building to the strategy genre. The leader persona of the players, consisting of a main class, race, and specializations, forms the heart of their realm. RPG style skills are extrapolated to affect a whole empire. Leader characters range from Elven Princesses and to Machiavellian Rogues and ruthless Warlords. Today we reveal details of the Theocrat class," said Triumph Studios.
Age of Wonders III releases on PC March 31st.
Theocrat skills include:
▪ Mighty Meek – They say the meek shall inherit the earth, and this spell gives them the power to do so. The Target friendly unit gains bonus strength for each tier level difference when attacking or defending against a higher tier unit.
▪ Instant Wrath – Deals half of all damage dealt against target friendly unit back to its attacker until end of combat.
▪ Mark of the Heretic - Marks the units in target enemy army as Heretics for a few turns. Devout units deal an additional 3 damage against Heretics.
▪ The Great Purge - Channels divine power to cleanse the land of all supernatural beings. The caster's Infantry and Cavalry units gain Dragon Slayer, Fey Slayer, Giant Slayer, Monster Slayer, Summon Slayer, and Undead Slayer.
▪ Armageddon - Foretells the end of the world. The caster's entire Empire ignores negative morale modifiers and its units gain Strong Will. The caster's enemies suffer 80% Weakness and cannot regenerate health anymore.