Little Green Men Games has just updated their space sim Starpoint Gemini 2 as it crosses over from alpha to beta through Early Access. For now that means no new features are being added to the 'To Do' list.
Instead the studio will now focus entirely on what they've already got planned, and this update already includes new modes of travel with unpredictable wormholes and T-Drives.
For the game to be out sometime this spring they couldn't keep adding more and more to the features list, but after its out then they can revisit new ideas.
"In a nutshell, it's time to wrap it up, but wrap it up PROPERLY. And to do that, we need time. Every new implemented feature almost certainly comes with its own set of bugs and glitches that need to be ironed out," LGM. "We have to thank the amazing community that supported us through the alpha stage in Early Access. We owe you a debt we can hardly repay, but we will do our best by completing SG2, polishing it up, and continue building on that foundation."
Starpoint Gemini 2 is now at version 0.7 which marks the launch of the beta phase, and includes:
▪ Wormholes – Free of charge, Wormholes are a one-way superfast travel method, but due to instability they are very dangerous and can result in damage or major catastrophe. Very popular way of travel among bandits and pirates.
▪ Classy Choices – Players can now choose their player class at the start of a game.
▪ Faster – By adding newer models, the game’s load times are much faster.
▪ T- Drive – Personal device for instant travel that can be mounted to any ship.
▪ New Music – New tracks and SFX have been added to create a wider variety of moods and atmosphere.
▪ Events – Local events that will feed the live news reels were added.
▪ Balancing – A first balancing run has been done on the ship systems and equipment pricing.
Starpoint Gemini 2 has now increased in cost slightly onas it nears completion.