Soon empires will be able to provoke trade conflicts, commission privateers, establish trade companies like the East India Company and found bustling trade capitals.
A conquering army marches on its stomach, and for those bellies to be full you'll need a mighty treasury. Trade, if manipulated right, can build or cripple nations.
Wealth of Nations highlights
▪ Use covert diplomatic action to create trade conflicts: Bring out your negotiating skills and explore new diplomatic ways to justify and force trade conflicts against your competition
▪ Steal from your competitors with the use of privateers: Dare to hire privateers that will steal trade from your competitors by leaching trade into a pirate nation. But if you do, know that this will increase the risk of war since your competitors will have a just cause for war.
▪ Create a new trade capital & strengthen your trade: Designate a specific port as your main trade capital, separately from your country’s capital, in a coastal province within the same continent.
▪ Improved trading in inland nodes: Merchants placed in inland trade nodes gets increased bonus in proportion to your country’s trade efficiency and will increase your possibilities to trade in faraway inland trade nodes.
▪ Establish East India Companies: Strengthen your trade network and reach faraway lands by establishing East India Companies.
Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations releases on PC, Mac and Linux in Q2 2014.
Paradox details Wealth of Nations expansion for Europa Universalis IV
27 January 2014 | By Simon Priest
- Related Games:
- Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations, Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise, Europa Universalis IV