Sea of Thieves Update 2.0.1 went live today, aiming to fix a number of bugs in content introduced with last week's Anniversary Update.
The Tall Tales – Shores of Gold quest lines were added to celebrate Sea of Thieves' one-year anniversary, bringing with them new quest lines to follow, skeleton lords to contend with and more.
Sea of Thieves Patch Notes 2.0.1
Here are the full patch notes detailing the changes introduced in the Sea of Thieves Update 2.0.1:
- Players will now consistently be able to see their health bar when bringing up the equipment radial.
- Improved inactivity detection to better identify inactive players across the Sea of Thieves.
The Hunter’s Call
- Alliance members will now correctly receive ‘hand in’ notifications when other members of their alliance hand in Hunter’s Call items.
- Casting a line while swimming underwater is now prevented.
- Harpoon tethering of an object now behaves correctly through server migration.
- Ship flags shown on the ship's map table will no longer show incorrect iconography following a migration.
- Player instruments are no longer muted while the tavern and contest countdown music plays.
- When starting a contest, the scoreboard will now show the correct score when digging up the first chest.
- Players should now consistently hold onto their clothing and equipment loadout when entering or leaving a contest.
Tall Tales – Shores of Gold
- Opening a Collector’s Chest while holding it can no longer cause the items inside to ‘pop’ out.
- Turning a puzzle block while it is underwater will correctly show bubble VFX.
- Reading a quest book while running in the rain no longer causes visual issues.
- Items stored inside Collector’s Chests should now always be visible and collectable when moving and reopening the chest.
- ‘The Shroudbreaker’ – Ambush skeletons should no longer spawn on top of each other.
- ‘The Legendary Storyteller’ – Players can now see the key on Mermaid’s Hideaway once it is dug up rather than a floating tooltip.
- ‘The Legendary Storyteller’ – Players losing Briggsy’s Chest before they have removed the quest items will now be informed as to why their Tale has failed.
- ‘Wild Rose’ – Adjusted a Collector’s Chest dig site to avoid clipping with a barrel placed close by.
- ‘The Art of the Trickster’ – The Rum Bottle Spyglass should no longer revert to an incorrect model on some occasions when viewed in the radial menu.
- ‘Revenge of the Morningstar’ – When placing the final Tale Items on the altar, they will now be on the correct plinths and facing in the right direction.
- ‘Revenge of the Morningstar’ – All crew members should now correctly receive the Morningstar Outfit when retrieved from the Morningstar Chest.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Compass Vault no longer has areas where players can become stuck in geometry and get teleported out to a safe location.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Adjusted various areas of the chasm where players could get out or see out of the environment.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Central rock formation can no longer cause players to become stuck.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Players who are left behind after their crew engage the Gold Hoarder will no longer create incorrect checkpoints in the chasm after the encounter, causing them to become trapped.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Players losing the Gold Hoarder’s Coin will now correctly fail the Tall Tale and must return to Morrow’s Peak to restart.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Skeleton Ships will no longer spawn for crews inside the Shores of Gold shroud.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Following Tale completion, the Shroudbreaker should no longer reappear attached to your ship when returning to the world.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Gold Hoarder Skeletons will no longer rudely interrupt the final cutscene if they weren’t destroyed during the encounter.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Skeletons should now path more predictably outside the Compass Vault.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Skeletons that spawn inside the chasms will now automatically attack nearby players to prevent crews from raising the capstans without engaging.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Adjusted timing on the Shores of Gold approach sequence to ensure the island banner audiovisual cue does not clash with the shroud music.
On PC, the Sea of Thieves Update 2.0.1 comes with a download size of 4.45 GB. You can see a list of known issues that currently persist or join forum discussions on the game's website. Sea of Thieves is now available on PC and Xbox One.