Developer Treyarch is to include Map Pack 2 for Call of Duty: World At War in the upcoming v1.5 update, what'll give PC gamers that extra co-op Zombie goodness.
Map Pack 2 arrived on consoles in early June. More information should be spilled this week from Treyarch, but at least were told it's "looking great." This update adds support for CODTV.
"I just wanted to give a brief update to let you know that Map Pack 2 will be included in Patch 1.5!" Treyarch's JD_2020 on the official forum. "It’s in test right now, and is looking great."
So far the dev team has listed the following tweaks coming in update 1.5:
• CO-OP hosts can now kick players from their lobby
• Improved dog spawning in MP
• Addressed an issue with Zombie pathing
• Fixed an instance of the player model displaying incorrectly
• Some unhandled exception errors have been addressed
• Improved server browser’s refresh functionality when the Source is set to ‘Favorites’
• Added support for CODTV
• “cg_DrawFPS 1” now only displays FPS and cg ms/frame
• Added RCon command "teamstatus" to display players’ team information
They also have a bunch of mod stuff for the creative folks out there. "I’d like to call attention to the CoDTV support – we’ve been working closely with Garetjax, the creator of CoDTV.tv over the past few months," JD_2020.
"It is important to note: we did not create or integrate CoDTV into Call of Duty: World at War; rather, we implemented the necessary support functionality into the game client for his CoDTV program to function," explained the dev.
Looking forward to some more Nazi Zombie action on PC? Map Pack 2 also adds three new multiplayer maps: Banzai, Corrosion and Sub Pens.
COD: World At War patch includes Map Pack 2, "in test right now"
13 July 2009 | By Simon Priest