The League of Legends World Tournament has come to a close, victors have been crowned, so of course Riot are gearing up for Season 6 and they've announced their plans of what's in store for 2016. So what's being changed? Pretty much everything.
Here are some top line items on the agenda:
- A hefty revamp of marksmen characters, their item sets, and entirely new items made specifically with the attack damage ranged carry in mind.
- A brand new champ select system that will allow players to prioritize their favorite roles and find other players to fill the gaps based on their preferences.
- A new ranked system that will allow multiple players to queue up for a ranked game, as opposed to the old system that only allows for one or two players or a five player pre-made team to queue.
- A system that will allow players to trade unwanted premium content like skins towards the crafting and acquiring of new premium swag.
- New social features including club and party improvement and an app for your phone that will allow you to stay in touch with your fellow players.
- An entirely new navigation and launch client that will replace the current system entirely. This is going into alpha testing next year with signups to get involved coming soon.
It's a ridiculously hefty list, but Riot has a lot of support behind them and it's certainly a good time to take the whole system in a progressive direction. Hopefully the ride won't be too bumpy.
You can check out the full details on the 2016 League of Legends update