Diablo 3 Seasons breathe new life into Blizzard's hack and slash RPG, bringing new mechanics and rewards that players can pursue over the span of several weeks. With Season 21 now over, eager players are likely wondering when Season 22 might begin and end.
Due to how they vary in length, predicting the exact Diablo 3 Season 22 start and end dates is rather difficult prior to an official announcement.
In the past, Diablo 3 Seasons have lasted between 70 and 136 days with a break of almost two weeks in between them, which let us initially approximate the Season 22 start and end dates.
Diablo 3 Season 22 Start and End Date
Season 21 began on Friday, July 3, ending on Sunday, November 8, close to the later part of our original estimate.
As new Seasons usually begin on Fridays, it was possible for Diablo 3's Season 22 to start somewhere between September 25 and November 27.
Following multiple updates and an extended stay on the PTR, we now know that the Diablo 3 Season 22 start date has been locked down to Friday, November 20.
Diablo 3 Season 22 Theme
Titled Shades of the Nephalem, Season 22 makes it so that activating a Shrine or Pylon while out adventuring spawns a shadow clone of your class.
The clone fights alongside you for one minute, its power scaling with that of your character.
Kanai's Cube also gets a fourth slot this season, allowing you to choose any power as long as it doesn't stack with those in its other slots.
Diablo 3 Season 22 Cosmetic Rewards
Diablo 3 Season 22's cosmetic rewards continue the trend of bringing back those from previous seasons.
Players will be able to unlock the the head and shoulder items in the Conqueror Set, the Black Soulstone portraits and the scholarly Loremaster pennant, all originally awarded during Season 10.
Completing the the Season 22 Guardian Journey then lets you grab the new Book of Cain pet and Lost Civilization portrait frame.
Diablo 3 Season 22 Season Journey Rewards
During Diablo 3's Shades of the Nephalem Season, you can unlock an additional stash tab, unless you've already reached the total of five available across Seasons.
To do this, you must finish the Conqueror tier. Here are its Season Journey tasks:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within five minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete two Conquests this Season.
- Life Goes On: Kill Maghda at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
Diablo 3 Season 22 Seasonal Conquests
Completing at least three of the Seasonal Conquests added in Diablo 3's Season 22 is required if you're willing to unlock all the available cosmetic rewards.
Sprinter and Speed Racer require completing Acts I through V at max level in less than an hour. On the flipside, Boss Mode and its hardcore counterpart, Worlds Apart, can be completed by killing all the bosses at maximum level on Torment X within 20 minutes of starting a game.
On A Good Day, I Can’t Stop, Years of War and Dynasty are also making a return, alongside Masters of the Universe and Masters of Sets.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Haedrig's Gift
Season 22 also rotates the class sets gained from completing certain chapters in the Season Journey. Here are the Shades of the Nephalem Haedrig Gift's sets:
- Barbarian - Horde of the Ninety Savages
- Crusader - Aegis of Valor
- Demon Hunter - Gears of Dreadlands
- Monk - Patterns of Justice
- Witch Doctor - Mundunugu’s Regalia
- Wizard - Typhon’s Veil
- Necromancer - Masquerade of the Burning Carnival
Check out our article detailing the accompanying Update 2.6.10 patch notes to get a more detailed idea of what's included.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.