The Walt Disney Company is celebrating Disney+ Day today, November 12, with a new array of content that's headed to its popular streaming service alongside a presentation that will offer fans sneak peeks into the service's future.
Disney+ Day marks not just the streaming service's second anniversary, but also the moment when it debuts in South Korea and Taiwan, prior to its arrival in Hong Kong later on November 16, 2021.
The celebrations aren't limited to the digital space, either. Disney Parks and Resorts and Disney Cruise Line will both roll out the blue carpet for Disney+ fans, offering them "photo opportunities, character moments and more," while the company's official store will treat them to special offers.
Among the new content coming to Disney+ today counts a special on bounty hunter Boba Fett, who's set to get his own series later this year, as well as a look into the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Here's a longer list of what subscribers can expect to see:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings”
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film “Jungle Cruise,” available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie “Home Sweet Home Alone,” a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents,” which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including “Frozen Fever,” Oscar®-winning shorts “Feast” and ''Paperman,” Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, “Get A Horse!” and more
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film “Luca”
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- “Dopesick,” an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Disney+ subscribers also have breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from their favorite creators and stars on the service to look forward to.
As part of its two-year anniversary celebrations, eligible users can also subscribe to the streaming service for only $2, which isn't a bad deal, especially if you're a massive Star Wars and Marvel fan.
You can learn more about Disney+ Day on its website.
This is a sponsored article published on behalf of Disney Plus
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on Twitter, checking out our videos on YouTube, giving us a like on Facebook, and joining us on Discord.