Focus Home Interactive and Vostok Games have announced today that its Battle Royale FPS, Fear the Wolves, will enter early access on 28th August via Steam.
The plan will be to fully launch Fear the Wolves on PC and consoles in 2019.
Check out the announcement trailer from GamesCom 2018 below:
Original Story: 17th August:
The Next Fear The Wolves Closed Beta Begins Today
The Fear the Wolves Closed Beta is kicking off again this weekend, with Focus Home Interactive hoping to pick up more feedback before the closing date on 20th August – we don't yet know the exact time it will end, but well update you when we know more.
Fear the Wolves is a promising looking Battle Royale FPS from Vostok Games, which obviously takes inspiration from games like Fortnite and PUBG, but the extra flair of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. DNA gives it a certain spotlight to shine in.
is another Battle Royale game, but it's only available in Asian territories, although we have a way for you to play it now!
The past beta periods have been a little bit plagued by matchmaking issues, but Focus Home Interactive have been working on this, and say that players should get a much smoother experience this weekend - “We've sent 15k new keys at the start of the test session to reduce queuing time as much as possible.“
Here's some of the highlights and additional fixes from this week's closed beta period:
- Added a swinging motion to the evacuation rope. This will make it more difficult to shoot down the player attached to the rope.
- Improvements to the wolves' behavior:
- Now wolves will use close range attacks in narrow places.
- Wolves will no longer leap while indoors.
- Added an FOV slider.
- Added the option to show Ping and FPS counters in game.
- Made it possible to interact with objects on the ground while looking through lootboxes or supply drops.
- Bug fixes for items stacking with other items in the player's hands.
- Camera rotation limits for Parachute and Vehicles.
- Fixed damage for F1 and RGO grenades.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to spectate enemy squads.
- Armor will now reduce damage from wolves
- Added a notification when entering a zone that will soon become infected with radiation.
- The notification will include the exact time until the infection begins.
- Removed collision from wolf corpses.
- Melee attacks now deal damage to wolves.
There's no NDA in place for the beta, so if you aren't involved you'll likely be able to see some videos on Youtube or players streaming it on Twitch, but this is all building up to a better experience when it releases into Early Access at an unannounced date.
Players can provide feedback on the, while new players can sign-up for the beta test .