Planet Zoo today received Update 1.0.2, a look at its patch notes revealing the addition of a number of fixes awaited by the community.
As of Planet Zoo's Update 1.0.2, animals should no longer ignore food already present in their habitats, staff and guests should no longer get stuck while navigating, while multiple crash and stability fixes have also been implemented.
Planet Zoo Update 1.0.2 Patch Notes
Here are all the changes, additions and fixes introduced with Planet Zoo's Update 1.0.2, as per the full patch notes:
- Fixed a number of cases where animals might ignore food placed in their habitat.
- Fix for animal shake behaviour which could lead to them temporarily getting stuck.
- Fixed issue where going from water to climbing frames could get animals stuck in a loop.
- Fix for boxed animals reporting that they are escaped incorrectly.
- Fix for animals walking on water when using climbing frames in water.
- Fix for animals jumping incorrectly, which could lead to them becoming stuck on shelter roofs.
- Animals group together more often to encourage herding.
- Improvements to animals boxing unexpectedly.
- Increased population and sex limits of Timber Wolf and African Wild Dog allowing for larger, relatively peaceful packs that still Alpha fight infrequently.
- Fix for some animals being pushed through the floor when being tranquilised.
- Fixed discrepancy in how exhibit animal welfare was being reported.
- Fix for Staff getting stuck when navigating.
- Fix for Vet getting stuck when Vet and Caretaker were both sent to do the same job.
- Fix for Mechanics navigating to vandalised objects they shouldn't be able to reach.
- Fix for Mechanic sliding whilst repairing objects.
- Vendors will now leave newly placed shops if they are unpowered.
- Fix for guests getting stuck when navigating.
- Guest thoughts about ticket prices should now update more quickly.
- Reduced loss of guest happiness from bad education sources.
- Fix for guest thoughts reporting animal visibility incorrectly; guests will report good views!
- Added option to limit guest numbers; you can find this setting under Settings - Game - Current Save Settings (as a tick box).
- Multiple crash and stability fixes.
- Better notifications for failed connections.
- Fix for guest avatars showing no name.
- Seriously injured animals can't now be traded.
- Locked the entrance gates so they can't accidentally be deleted.
- Fixed issue with friend list sometimes populating incorrectly.
- Added an icon to the Animal Exchange which will mark animals with albinism/leucism.
- Optimisations on server load.
- Stars should now show correctly on Career Mode saves.
- Fixed an issue causing the 'raise barrier height' objective in Scenario 1 to not complete when multi-selecting barriers.
- Added hint for Scenario 3 to locate workshop objective.
- Fixed Scenario 3 objective logic to include Giant Pandas that have already been sent to Quarantine.
- Stopped Scenario 3 Giant Pandas being able to be released to the wild.
- Changed Scenario 5 bronze education objective to use star rating.
- Updated time of day in scenario 8.
- Fixed issue with tutorial hint tips disappearing.
Building and Editing
- Fixed case where pressing X would stop toggling between rotate and movement in advanced movement mode.
- Fix for placement options not showing for duplicated objects
- Enable setting flexicolour for multiple items in group edit mode.
- Copy and pasting education objects now retains the assigned education topic.
- Fixed issue where deleting and undoing deletion of facilities and power sources could cause the facilities to be incorrectly unpowered.
- The Trade Centre should now report animals' correct 'source' information.
- Fixed some errors in the Zoopedia regarding age of maturity.
- Y axis on finance graph now reports figures above £100,000 correctly.
- Fix for sorting exhibit animals by species.
- Fixed issue when saving a blueprint with quotation marks in the name would cause them not to show up in game.
- Added bar to transport ride UI to show wear and tear.
- Fixed unresponsive UI elements when clicking off Zoopedia.
- When locating an animal in the animal management menu it will now open the animal's information panel.
- Animal information panel enrichment bar now shows correct value.
- Switched the position of Staff thoughts and Staff needs in their info panel.
- Notifications for Staff not being able to find Staff Centre or Keeper Huts are now red and pop out.
- Fix for animal information panel not updating to dead animal information panel.
- Added alerts for inaccessible Power and Water Treatment Facilities.
- Fixed discrepancy in loan repayments being reported incorrectly.
- Animals can now escape via climbable chain link fences.
- Fix for animals pouncing through walls.
- Increased the capacity of the Forage Pool Enrichment Feeder to help with feeding issues.
Scenery & Foliage
- We solved the case of the mysterious missing D alphabet letter!
- Adjusted which branches can be climbed on the large pines.
- The 'Welcome to Planet Zoo' achievement should now unlock correctly for people who played the Beta.
- Fix for audio occasionally briefly cutting out.
- Various localisation bug fixes.
Frontier Developments will continue to work on fixes for other issues encountered by Planet Zoo players, while also looking towards additions to the game's Sandbox Mode.
Planet Zoo is out now on PC.