Crafting plays a rather important role in Resident Evil Village, giving Ethan a way to restock on ammo, explosives, and healing items without having to return to his trader buddy every time. If you've spent some time in the Baker house, a lot of it will feel familiar.
You can use Resident Evil Village Crafting to your advantage from early on in the game and can find its menu by opening your inventory with Tab, then pressing E. The small number of recipes shouldn't unsettle you, since you can learn more as you play. At the same time, you won't be able to do much without grabbing the proper resources.
Resident Evil Village's Crafting interface is split into three parts. The top section is a summary of what you plan on crafting and the resources you'll need. The section below it and under the "On Hand" text keeps track of the types and number of resources you've picked up. The bottom part holds all your known recipes.
Resources can only found in the environment, which is why carefully exploring your surroundings is always a good idea. You'll need to worry about the following five: Chem Fluid, Herb, Rusted Scrap, Gunpowder, and Metal Scrap. In our experience, recipes require up to three of the five resources in varying amounts.
Here is the list of crafting recipes we discovered during our time with Resident Evil Village:
- First Aid Med (1) - 1 Herb + 1 Chem Fluid - Adds 1 First Aid Med that fully heals you when used to your inventory
- Handgun Ammo (15) - 2 Gunpowder + 2 Rusted Scrap - Adds 15 handgun ammo to your inventory
- Shotgun Ammo (3) - 1 Gunpowder + 2 Rusted Scrap + 1 Chem Fluid - Adds 3 shotgun ammo to your inventory
- Sniper Rifle Ammo (4) - 2 Gunpowder + 1 Rusted Scrap + 1 Chem Fluid - Adds 4 sniper rifle ammo to your inventory
- Pipe Bomb (1) - 1 Gunpowder + 1 Metal Scrap - Adds 1 Pipe Bomb to your inventory
- Mine (1) - 1 Rusted Scrap + 1 Metal Scrap - Adds 1 Mine to your inventory
- Explosive Rounds (2) - 1 Gunpowder + 1 Metal Scrap + 1 Herb - Adds 2 explosive rounds to your inventory
- Flashbang (2) - 1 Chem Fluid + 1 Rusted Scrap + 1 Herb - Adds 2 flashbangs to your inventory
As long as you have the ingredients on you, crafting any of the above is possible at any time by simply clicking on the desired recipe in the menu. Ammo can be used with any gun in the right category, so you shouldn't hold back from buying and trying out new ones when you find them.
You can learn new recipes by purchasing them from the trader, although some only become available at certain points in the main story.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .