RuneScape's 3 August 2020 Update is now live, its patch notes revealing fixes aimed at the Desperate Measures quest, alongside multiple improvements, including some for elite dungeons.
The Dragon Laboratory's Black Hands of Xau-Tak has had its defence slightly reduced in the encounter with the Black Stone Dragon as of RuneScape's 3 August 2020 Update.
Emoting while obscured no longer shows a player silhouette while Olivia the Chronicler finally uses female combat sounds.
RuneScape 3 August 2020 Update Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions that RuneScape is set to receive in its 3 August 2020 Update, as per its full patch notes:
- Thok and Hannibus will no longer appear multiple times during a sequence in Desperate Measures.
- Charos no longer incorrectly starts dialogue that should only have taken place in the Anachronia base camp.
- Selecting a preset in Bank no longer disables the Scarabas Communion Boost granted by the Desert Pantheon Aura.
- Dinosaurs have stopped shaking while walking, thankfully.
- The Black Hands of Xau-Tak's defence has been slightly reduced during the encounter with the Black Stone Dragon in the Dragon Laboratory Elite Dungeon.
- The height of the overhead enemy NPC target panel has been adjusted for the black hands of Xau-Tak, as well as several minibosses, in the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- Fire from the Blackstone Dragon fight in Elite Dungeon 3 no longer damages you once the encounter has concluded.
- Adding Elite Dungeon lore pages to a partially complete lore book no longer creates a new lore book in your backpack if you already have one in the Bank.
- Edward, the wilderness cape seller outside of Dragonkin Laboratory, now allows you to Bank while in combat.
- Mopped up some blood in Astellarn's arena that could cause issues with targeted abilities such as Bladed Dive, and changed the blood in the Black Stone Dragon's arena into inactive scenery.
- Players can no longer attack the boss from outside of the boss arena. Instead, players will now teleport inside the boss arena after the boss is activated.
- Starting a boss fight will also teleport all players within the boss area to its centre.
- Combat dummies can now no longer be placed inside Astellarn's arena in the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- Scrimshaw of Corruption no longer loses all its charge if it's activated or removed from the pocket slot with exactly 19 minutes of charge remaining.
- Olivia the Chronicler now uses female combat sounds.
- A warning message will now show in the Grand Exchange when attempting to sell items that exceed the total amount within the player's inventory./li>
- Mobile players will now get a warning message when attempting to trade items that are untradeable./li>
- Made the world select interface full screen and removed a white-bar blocking the settings button on iOS./li>
- Modernized the presentation and position of the Shades Of Mort'ton minigame interface.
- Buffs/debuffs will no longer overlap the directional arrows during the Arraxor boss fight.
- Fixed an issue causing a popup to block progression during the augmentation section of the Invention tutorial.
- The 'DXP is active' popup and 'DXP daily reward' popups have been temporarily disabled on login, preventing a static black screen.
Farming & Herblore
- Updated potion tooltips that reference adrenaline/special attack gain to specify percentage rather than a value, and to match the other adrenaline potions.
- It's no longer possible to use a 'bomb' on a banker NPC - instead the player is now asked how many bombs they would like to deposit.
- Extreme potion timer can no longer be extended by logging out and back in again.
- Ripper dinosaur and corbicula malum colours now appear the same on all graphics settings.
- Now when creating "primal extract" via the portable skilling well you receive an extra 10% experience boost.
- Disabled the player silhouette that occurs when emoting while obscured.
- The 'Upgrade' button no longer overlaps with the 'Report' button while inspecting another player in Legacy UI mode.
- Updated a fire on Mazcab that was using an older model.
- Clan vexillums are no longer placeable on or next to Archaeology deposit carts.
- It is no longer possible to spawn a duplicate Barrows Brother by clicking on their sarcophagus as they die.
- Fixed an issue with virtual levels not providing fanfare (fireworks, popup, jingle etc) when gaining XP.
- Zaros Godsword's special attack description now correctly says the 'Blackhole' ability lasts for 20 seconds and not 30.
- Fixed a missing tile in the Red Axe base.
- Players can no longer surge/escape while wearing bedsheets.
- The clickbox on the Varrock Fountain has been reduced to allow players to cross through the fountain without the need to use the right click.
- Items manufactured at the workbench will no longer drop to the ground after unequipping a piece of gear to free up the last backpack slot.
- Animation is now fixed when climbing the ladder in Benedict's house in Varrock.
- The correct icon will now display when selecting an invention machine to build.
- The barrels at Manor Farm now all have the correct collision.
- When retuning a max guild portal with Grace of the Elves equipped, the teleport will now take the player to the correct location.
- The Library of Nex achievement now displays upon completion.
- Removed some blocking from the Wizards tower bridge.
- Keybinds on the Action Bar should now not be incorrectly used when players destroy an item or set the keybind.
- Players can now shear sheep for wool with one empty backpack slot when the 'Have Ewe (Many Wool)' perk is active.
- Transmuting items with ancestral energy now gives the proper amount of output.
- The Upgrade button no longer obscures the 'Examine Player' window for free-to-play players in legacy interface mode.
- Modeled light beams have been removed from the Fremennik Slayer dungeon, as they were casting shadows.
- Players can no longer enter the King Black Dragon boss encounter while having the teleport block debuff active.
- Fixed the issue causing hotkeys to trigger while typing in chat with the Treasure Hunter interface open.
- It is no longer possible to walk through agility obstacles inside a Big Game Hunter encounter.
- Corrected an issue requiring you to equip spiked gauntlets for the Turael's Path achievement.
- An ancient familiar's special move cast now grants the correct amount of Summoning XP.
- Removed the force walk tiles north of Manor Farm that were preventing navigation.
- Players will now consistently receive level up popups when gaining a virtual level.
- Resolved an issue in which a player could become stuck when clicking out of dialogue whilst interacting with a pylon during the Desperate Measures quest.
- Fixed an issue to prevent Fishing Bait from Ashdale being dropped on the floor which allowed players to repeatedly claim free bait.
No typos were ficksd this week
Here's some hotfixes that made it to the game last week.
- A certain agility vine on Anachronia can once again be traversed.
- All Chat now displays correctly.
- Transmuting ancestral energy now gives the expected 10x resources instead of 1x.
- Charos now directs players to the Anachronia base camp at a certain point during Desperate Measures, as Charos shouldn't be visible outside of the base camp at that stage of the quest.