Where can you find the Sea of Thieves Festival of the Damned beacon locations and how can you light them?
Sea of Thieves' Festival of the Damned is a Halloween-themed event that brings its own set of Commendations for players to unlock. One way of obtaining them is by finding Beacon locations and lighting them using Flames of Fate.
There is a total of 12 Sea of Thieves Festival of the Damned beacon locations spread across the world. While they're easy to spot when near them – they're large braziers waiting to be lit up – knowing which islands to check can make your journey towards getting Commendations much easier.
Sea of Thieves Festival of the Damned Beacon Locations
Here are all 12 Sea of Thieves Festival of the Damned beacon locations:
The Shores of Plenty Beacon Locations
- Smuggler's Bay - Found on the cliffs in the center of the island.
- Cannon Cove - Found at the top of the large rock peak in the island's central part. Only accessible via cannon.
- Mermaid's Hideaway - Found on a cliff above the pond.
Ancient Isles Beacon Locations
- Plunder Valley - Found at the top of the central rocky peak on the island.
- Crook's Hollow - Found on the highest point on the island's southern side.
- Devil's Ridge - Found just above the waterfall.
The Wilds Beacon Locations
- Kraken's Fall - Found on one of the lower peaks on the island's northern side.
- The Crooked Masts - Found on the island's northernmost peak. Only accessible via cannon.
- Marauder's Arch - Found in the island's center.
Devil's Roar Beacon Locations
- The Devil's Thirst - Found on the island's main rock formation.
- Ruby's Fall - Found in the island's central part, near a bridge.
- Fetcher's Rest - Found on a small peak on the island's northern part.
While you can light each beacon using your regular lantern, you'll need to use Flames of Fate in order to receive Festival of the Damned Commendations.
Flames of Fate can be obtained from the Ferry of the Damned, their color depending on how you died in order to get there.
The default yellow flame does not count as a Flame of Fate. You'll find all available colors and their associated deaths listed below:
- The Flame of Lost Seafarers (Blue)- Killed by a shark or megalodon.
- The Flame of Cursed Bones (Green) - Killed by a skeleton.
- The Flame of Embattled Souls (Pink) - Killed by players from different crews.
- The Flame of the Viper (Purple) - Killed by poison.
- The Flame of Burning Hearts (Red) - Killed by fire, volcanic rocks or lava.
- The Flame of Treacherous Weather (White) - Killed by lightning.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.