In the 100th Kickstarter update for Shenmue 3, developer Yu Suzuki and publisher Deep Silver have announced that the long awaited sequel would be missing its 27th August 2019 launch date and shipping on the 19th November instead.
According to the post: "Whilst almost ready, the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished. We feel that the extra time we have will help us deliver the true Shenmue experience players around the world deserve! We thank you for your patience and understanding,"
The developer was kind enough to release updated PC minimum system specs, however. One of the eye-opening requirements is still the 100 GB space requirement:
- OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
- Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice.
The Kickstarter campaign was launched during E3 2015, with a projected December 2017 release date. The campaign raised over $6M USD with a goal of $2M USD.