Trials of Mana, the 3D remake of 1995's Seiken Densetsu 3, launches later this year, bringing with it modern graphics, an upgraded battle system and character voices, alongside a remastered soundtrack.
Another addition that Trials of Mana brings to the table is that of new classes, letting you pick between light and dark paths when upgrading your characters. But what is the title's release date and who are its characters? We answer these questions below.
Trials of Mana Release Date
Trials of Mana's release date is, actually, quite close, launching on PC, PS4 and the Nintendo Switch in the first part of 2020. Players will be able to get their hands on Seiken Densetsu 3's modern reimagining as soon as April 24.
Trials of Mana Characters
Trials of Mana follows six heroes with interwoven destinies. Not only does each of them have their own unique approach to gameplay, but your choice of main character and companions determine how the story plays out.
- Duran: Hot-headed and skilled with a blade, Duran is a soldier hailing from Valsena, Kingdom of the Plains. In Trials of Mana, he starts off as a Warrior and can choose between a Knight, Liege or Paladin if he follows the Light path, or Gladiator, Duelist or Edelfrei upon choosing the Dark path.
- Angela: The rebellious princess of Altena, kingdom of magicians, Angela is a magician herself. As she grows stronger, she can pick between Sorceress, Archmage or Grand Diviner on the Light path and Mysticist, Magus or Rune Seer on the Dark path.
- Kevin: Heir to the throne of Ferolia, the kingdom of beastmen, Kevin was raised as a fighter unaccustomed to conversing with others. In Trials of Mana he starts off as a Grappler and can branch into Monk, Divine Fist or Warrior Monk when choosing the Light path, or Brawler, Fatal Fist or Enlightened if following the Dark path.
- Charlotte: Granddaughter to Wendel’s Priest of Light, Charlotte is a curious, superstitious, scaredy-cat on a mission to protect her friend Heath. She starts off as a Cleric and can become a Priestess, High Cleric or Sage on the Light Path, or Enchantress, Necromancer or Warlock if following the Dark path.
- Hawkeye: A laid-back and charming, but also loyal young man, Hawkeye comes from Nevarl, a land that acts as home to a guild of noble thieves. Adequately enough, he starts off as a Thief in Trials of Mana and can become Ranger, Nomad or Rogue on the Light path, or Ninja, Ninja Master or Nightblade on the Dark path.
- Riesz: The young princess of the mountainous kingdom of Laurent and captain of the renowned Amazon guard, Riesz is described as down to earth and helpful. She starts off as Amazon, having the option of becoming Valkyrie, Vanadis or Starlancer on the Light path or Rune Maiden, Dragon Master or Fenrir Knight if choosing the Dark path.
- Crimson Wizard: Wielding dark powers, the Crimson Wizard acts as the True Queen's right-hand man, ordering the forces of Altena, the Kingdom of Magicians, to attack Valsena. His goal is to release the energy of the Mana Stones for an unknown purpose.
- Goremand: Donning a jester's tunic and wielding a twisted scythe, Goremand is quite fond of devouring human souls. He convinced the king of Ferolia to have his beastmen invade Wendel.
- Belladonna: Using her beauty, she bewitched the leader of the Nevarlan thieves, using his forces to invade Riesz's homeland of Laurent.
Trials of Mana News
The latest Trials of Mana news regard a new trailer highlighting Kevin and Charlotte, two of the game's six protagonists, alongside the driving force behind both characters. A third character highlight trailer is set to arrive later, focusing on Hawkeye and Riesz.