ClockStone Software has released the demo for the latest version of their RPG: Avencast: Rise of the Mage. This extensive demo features over 1.5 hours of gameplay. This should be plenty of time to digest what Avencast has to offer.
Download the the Avencast: Rise of the Mage Demo 1.09.
ClockStone Software and Lighthouse Interactive are holding a demo competition, sponsored by Creative Labs. The 4 players with the most amount of Fame Points will receive a Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer sound card.
Avencast: Rise of the Mage features and requirements
* Challenging game play: Keyboard-and-mouse-based controls that enable skilful and dexterity-based special moves and combos
* 50+ different combat moves and magic spells from three categories in two magic skill trees.
* More than 40 unique 3d models of monsters and characters
* A multitude of different enemies with a great variety of skills and strategies
* Equip your character with more than 120 unique items including magic weapons and armours
* Enchanting ambience in a detailed and charming 3d world - atmospheric moods through real-time soft shadows and impressively lit combat scenes through fascinating spell effects
* Intriguing storyline in 3 Chapters
* Multifaceted game play through riddles and quests that demand brain and dexterity
* 360° free camera control without annoying auto adjustment
* OS: Windows® XP / Vista™
* CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® Pentium® or 2200+AMD® Athlon™ processor
* RAM: 512 MB (1GB for running on Windows Vista™)
* Video: GeForce FX 5700 or better / ATI Radeon 9700 or better
* PC DVD-ROM: 4x
* Sound: DirectSound® compatible (SoundBlaster® X-Fi™ series sound card recommended)
* Available Hard Disk Space: 4.4 GB
* DirectX®: 9.0c