Rockstar Games has announced that the Game of the Year edition of Red Dead Redemption will be hitting North America on October 11th and October 14th worldwide this year. The GOTY edition will feature all of the DLC released for Red Dead Redemption, including the major Undead Nightmare mod, which was released both as DLC and as a standalone game earlier this year.
“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser proclaimed. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date, multiplayer offerings, and all bonus content.
The Game of the Year Edition includes:
* Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
* Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
* Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
* Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle
* Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston
* Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
* All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
* Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360
* The just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in
Check out Strategy Informer's 9.7 grade review of the original game.