Blizzard has announced that the 5.04 has been released for World of Warcraft. The content update features many of the things that will be introduced in the Mists of Pandaria expansion that will be released on the 25th September.
The updates in the patch include:
* New Talent System – The World of Warcraft talent system has been redesigned to allow for unique core ability and specialization choices
* Class Changes – Many changes to character classes, including an array of new spells and abilities
* Glyphs – Glyphs have been redesigned to be more specialized, while offering players fun and cosmetic customization options
* Account-wide Mounts, Pets, and Achievements – Players now have access to (nearly) all the mounts, pets, and achievements they’ve earned across all their characters under one Battle.net account
* Area of Effect (AOE) Looting – Looting has never been easier
* Theramore’s Fall Scenario – The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) will be available for players to take on shortly before launch
* Cross-Realm Zones – Cross-realm zones are a new technology enabling players to meet up and group with other players in underpopulated areas of the game world
* BattleTag Support –Your BattleTag is a permanent, non-unique, account-wide nickname that serves as your identity when staying connected to other players using Battle.net’s powerful social features
For further details on the 5.04 patch, Blizzard added a new "survival guide" for players to peruse. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will include the new Pandaren race and the new Monk Class.