Kalypso has announced that the Gold Edition of Port Royale 3 is now available on and other digital distributors, and PlayStation Network.
The bullet-list of official features include:
* Three unique single-player campaigns: the trader, the adventurer and the pirate campaign.
* Exciting naval battles, plundering and invasions await adventurous players, while immeasurable wealth and power are waiting for trade-oriented players.
* 16 different ship types, such as the powerful Galleon or versatile Frigates.
* Huge gameplay map with 60 completely different towns, from Port-au-Prince to Tortuga.
* Competitive multiplayer mode for up to four players (PC only).
* A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world.
Port Royale 3 and its expansions were also released for the Xbox 360, but the Gold Edition has not been announced for that platform yet.