Harebrained Schemes has announced that the Berlin downloadable content for Shadowrun Returns is being delayed to make it larger and more open-ended, chiefly due to fan feedback.
According to the developer, the Berlin DLC was a "modest-sized campaign" that would be released in October, but thanks to discussions on the official forums, the pack will be delayed to include the following features:
* A more flexible main story arc - choose which runs to complete first, and which factions to complete objectives for
* More depth to the NPC runner characters
* New weapons, outfits, portraits, music, and enemies - including more magical creatures
* Improved Physical Adept gameplay - along with additions for some of the other existing archetypes
* A European city with a very different look, “vibe”, and cast of characters
* A story that highlights the compelling themes of the Shadowrun: Germany sourcebook
"In addition, for the GMs out there, all of the environments and characters that we add in Berlin will also be available in the Shadowrun Returns Editor for anyone who has the Berlin campaign installed," promised Harebrained.
Shadowrun Returns was released on the 25th July 2013 and earned an 8.0/10 score from Strategy Informer's .