The "hugely popular" Starship Garage is on the way. The space sim/RPG is enjoying a strong performance through Steam Early Access, and mods are already in the works.
The latest trailer is entitled 'What is this Alpha all about' and seeks to give us a 'short version' with plenty of eye-candy. This follows from the earlier.
“We’re already seeing strong sales for Starpoint Gemini 2 during the Steam Early Access program, and there is definitely a very positive and involved atmosphere on the community hub," said Iceberg CEO Erik Schreuder.
The last 2013 update for Starpoint Gemini 2 includes:
• Fire at will command in its basic form uses a smart algorithm to switch between targets. This feature is a work in progress and feedback is most welcome.
• Licenses are now available for purchase on stations (planets will receive them in the next update). Licenses can only be acquired when you're allied to a faction
• New station model
• Energy redistribution panel (transfer power between engines/shields/weapons)
• AI received first update (NPC ships fly and fight in formations, use power to engines…)
• Structures can now be guarded. Damaging them can trigger security forces to arrive in its defence
• Several new bonus modifiers are now functional (Heavy weapon reload, Weapon battery recharge...)
A full changelog for v0.6005 is available. For more check out the Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam Early Access .