Maxis has released the 4.0 update for SimCity, and one of the additions included in the patch is a special park that only early adopters will receive. Other fixes include an improvement of emergency response time and the Edgewater Bay region.
The full patchinclude the following updates:
* New: SimCity Launch Park, an exclusive new park just for our dedicated fans who were early adopters.
* New: Region: Edgewater Bay. Seven city sites in one cluster around a beautiful bay with one great work site.
* New: Your current server will now be shown in the options menu.
* New: More detailed rollover information on buildings telling player’s if their Sims received happiness from a park or from shopping. Previous to this fix, this information was generic.
* Re-Enabled Feature: Global Market prices now dynamically change during gameplay.
* Re-Enabled Feature: Leaderboards will be active on EU West 3, Pacific 1 and Pacific 2 at the release. We will enable them on additional servers throughout the day.
* Re-Enabled Feature: Region filters are now enabled on all SimCity servers. Players will be able to search for open games by Map Name, Sandbox Mode, and Abandoned Cities.
* Rain Clouds: Fixed an issue where some cities would not have rain clouds to replenish their water table. If you had a city with this issue, you will start seeing clouds again within a game day.
* Fire: Improved response time of fire trucks to fires. Improved the time it takes for a fire signal to reach a fire station.
* Mission updates: Tuned Metals HQ and Community College missions. These were appearing too early, making them difficult to complete. They now appear later in a city’s development.
* Solar Farm Great Work: Reduced fire risk at the Solar Farm Great work. Local fire engines were spending too much time at the Solar Farm.
* Messaging: Improved pre-requisite messaging for Trade Port, Casinos, Smelting Factory and Oil Refinery. It should be clearer on how to unlock these buildings.
* Graphics: Fix for flickering low wealth buildings on NVIDIA graphics cards.
* Education: Fix for an issue some cities experienced where commuting students did not return from a neighbor’s city. This was causing a problem where students would disappear from a city in some cases.
* Tuning: Sims will lose a small amount of happiness if they don’t have a place to shop. Cities without places to shop will see complaints and feel the effect of unhappy Sims. This will emphasize the importance of commercial zones.