Indie developer Tikipod Ltd has announced that the PC version of their shmup Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender, will be available on GoG.com and Desura on the 28th October.
Aqua Kitty is a traditional 2D pixel drawn 16-bit style arcade shooter, with cats. The PC version will debut two player co-op and additional features, which include:
· Fast paced horizontally scrolling looping underwater levels.
· Branching map progression of levels.
· Varying sea depths per level that subtly affect gameplay.
· A dual firing submarine with a rechargeable secondary weapon that needs to be managed carefully (upgrades through game progress).
· A variety of mechanical enemies to encounter each with differing behaviours.
· Chain kill combo system allowing the more skilled player to maximise score.
· Depth based power-up system that gives partial control on the type and location of the power-ups created (allowing tactical advantage).
· Both level high score and 100% kitten saviour challenges.
· For the super hard-core god-like players, a classic infinite and milk-free level that never ever ends.
· Hand drawn 16-bit era styled pixel art graphics, displayed at a crisp 720p.
· Awesome chiptune music taking inspiration from the best of the C64 and Amiga days.
Gamers can visit the official site.