is now in charge of the Red Planet and they've been busy converting Red Faction: Guerrilla to Steamworks, which includes Achievements, leaderboards and no GFWL.
The 'Steam Edition' also includes a DirectX 11 Render Backend, stripping out the once Vista-exclusive DirectX 10. The old tried and true DX9 remains "as fall back" to those who need it.
The journey behind the migration from Microsoft'sto Steamworks has been long, and the Steam Edition has been through a month of Beta testing before today's release.
There's quite a list of changes the team provided in their announcement, and that includes the game attempting to convert old GFWL-based save data to the new Steamworks version. They've even neutered aim assist in multiplayer. Check out Red Faction: Guerrilla Steam Edition on.
Ir's currently of sale with 85% off for just £2.24, orRed Faction series.
Steam Edition Feature Highlights:
▪ Added Steam Trading Cards
▪ DirectX 11 Render Backend instead of DirectX 10 (DirectX 9 still available as fall back)
▪ Added Wrecking Crew maps: RUINS, REPERCUSSION, IMPERIAL, EXPANSION, FROST, ABANDONED
▪ Added Behemoth Mode
▪ Matchmaking and Multiplayer via Steamworks
▪ Added Host Migration functionality
▪ Added Join in Progress functionality to join matches that are already started
▪ No Games for Windows Live sign-in required
▪ Leaderboards via Steam
▪ Voice Chat via Steam
▪ Achievements via Steam
▪ At first launch the game attempts to migrate savegames from GFWL to the new system
▪ Added Russian, Polish and Czech Localization
▪ Added Achievements to DLC content
▪ Fixed camera speed in vehicles
▪ Steam offline mode enabled
▪ Removed XP limitation for all multiplayer game modes.
▪ Added voice chat "push to talk" option. It's enabled by default and it can be changed in the audio options. It's binded to key "Z" by default.
▪ Added "Join chat" in matchmaking lobby. When using this option you will be joining RFG chat root
▪ Changed minimum player number for Siege and Large Mixer to 6
▪ Fixed mouse acceleration when driving walkers
▪ Added ability to view Steam Gamer profile in leaderboards and in-game scoreboard
▪ The time limit between lobby disconnects is doubled
▪ Minimum players required to start the team game is four and for normal game it's three.
▪ Removed Aim Assist in Multiplayer
▪ Various Stability improvements