Today Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar becomes available through Steam Early Access, but for those who still need a nudge to command legions in the name of conquest, Longbow Games is.
A new developer diary has been released by the studio, but we'll also get to see actual gameplay from 19:00GMT / 20:00CET on the Kalypso Media Twitch.tv channel.
A reduced price of £19.99 / €24.99 / $24.99 will accompany the strategy game as it goes into, which doesn't support sandbox yet but features parts of the campaign.
Once the livestream begins you can watch it below:
"Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where Julius Caesar wages a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes. It will immerse you in history like no other real time strategy game ever before, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and rapidly changing military situations."
Features of Early Access
▪ Direct from the hand of Caesar – The first two chapters of the campaign, “Migrants and Conquerors” and “The Bravest of These” follow the conquests of Julius Caesar in Gaul as he wrote them in Commentarii de Bello Gallico.
▪ All new map – Explore over one million square kilometers that are seamlessly zoomable, from the Mediterranean coast to the shores of Britannia.
▪ Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
▪ Build an empire – The construction system allows players to build forts, walls, and bridges at thousands of sites across the map to cement Roman control over the barbarian kingdoms.
▪ Promote your legions – Players can train officers to augment their unit’s skills as well as appoint governors and construct buildings to expand and improve their cities.
▪ Starve your enemies – Supply camps and logistics system makes sieges and supply lines more intuitive and more important than ever.