What does the survival genre need to spice things up? How about giants? Alright.have announced Goliath from independent developer Whalebox Studio. Players will have a 'savage land' to try and eke a living out of.
Did I mention there are huge freaking monsters roaming that same land? Players will have to scavenge tools and weapons, and also put together their own 'giant' to hold back the savagery. It's planned for 2016.
There are plenty of dead civilizations that litter the landscape in Goliath, and we'll be the one to pick over their bones as we try and carve out a living for ourselves. We'll have to construct our own Goliaths to level the playing field and they'll start out very basic - like made out of wood.
"The Goliaths can be customized and outfitted with weapons to create loadouts for various situations and players’ battle preferences. But giant robots won’t solve every problem. Players will also need to craft items and tools for basic survival, build shelters and fortresses, and choose which factions to support in the war that’s sweeping across the land."
It features both co-op and competitive multiplayer where friends can tackle the campaign together or go head-to-head in arena combat. Goliath releases on PC and Mac in late 2016.
▪ Build A ‘Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after players have learned how to craft them, of course.
▪ Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools needed to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As players explore the world, they’ll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
▪ Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk.
Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, and players must carefully choose with which factions to align themselves. Players can attempt to broker peace or rally their faction to accelerate the war!
▪ Procedurally Generate World: Players will explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
▪ A Living World: Explore rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, frozen tundras and more, all with a complete day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Weather and terrain will affect how each of the robots performs, so players will need to make sure they have the right machine for the job!
▪ Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Players can play through Goliath’s campaign with a friend in cooperative gameplay or go head-to-head in arena combat!