Trion Worlds has announced that they have launched a new content update called Dark Metamorphosis, which carries on the storyline from the SyFy television series that was canceled after three seasons last October. The content adds a brand-new zone in the seaside town of Monterrey, including a new mission storyline, new enemies, new armour and more.
The official list of new features includes:
- New “Dark Metamorphosis” Quest Line and Pursuits: Introducing a brand new mission line featuring two new cinematics, five new missions and new enemies packing horrific new biological weapons.
- New “Monterrey” Solo Instance: Players who complete the “Dark Metamorphosis” quest line will be granted access to the challenging solo “Monterrey” instance, featuring the haunting ruins of Monterrey.
- New Harbinger enemy: A new Shrill enemy type, the Harbingers, have infested the Silicon Valley area with unspeakable horrors. Dark Metamorphosis brings a new threat from the Neo Votanis Front, a splinter group from Dark Matter that could bring about a new Pale War if left unstopped.
- New Armor: Players who participate in Dark Metamorphosis have the chance to purchase the brand-new Shrill Armor Bundle, containing the Shrill Hunter outfit, vehicle, and blast rifle.
- New Arkfall: Players will have access to the all-new Shrill Minor Arkfall: Invasive Species in the Silicon Valley area. These new Arkfalls will challenge novice and veteran players alike.
Defiance is a free-to-play game for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.