The battle of the rollercoaster sims wages on. With both RollerCoaster Tycoon World and Planet Coaster having released just a day apart, they're still at each other's throats when it comes to content updates too.
With each update to Rollercoaster Tycoon World comes either the Planet Coaster enthusiasts or those who felt let down by the developer's slow progress since the Alpha days of the game. With the update posts being hostile territory at this point, its best to avoid the bickering of the crowds and get straight to the point. So we'll be keeping a single post to document every update going foward.
Rollercoaster Tycoon World - Post-Release Update #1
The first major content update to Rollercoaster Tycoon World brings plenty of bug-fixes and some new props to mess around with. Following a similar approact to Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, they're delving deeper into the themed attractions with the 'Egypt Piece-by-Piece' pack. Helping with the landscaping efforts, they've abolished prop collison, too.
You can read the full notes over here, but here's the general idea;
- Egypt pack brings 22 new Egypt-themed props like the 'Clay Bowl', hieroglys and braziers
- Nodes on Coaster Creation no longer throw the camera far above its intended location.
- General: Optimization and Polish.
- General: The first Constellation Plaza can now be moved and deleted once placed.
- General: Player can no longer modify a path with a locked path texture.
- General: Peeps no longer exit the 'Merry Go Round' ride while the ride is running.
- General: Marketing can no longer be purchased if the user is lacking the funds to do so.
- General: Rings of Saturn ride animation transition has been smoothed out.
- General: Removing water will display money being charged to user.
- Deleting any scenery will be added in the 'Revenue' instead of 'Expenses' in the 'Finances' tab.
- Names for 2 assets - "Stone Fences" and "Chain Link Fences" have been adjusted.
- Janitors no longer clean up messes far too fast.
- The 4x4 Grid is no longer broken in various situations.
- Mouse wheel is now functional in all appropriate spots in the controls options and legal info.
- Peeps animation no longer breaks when adding water on top of them.
- Peep Information window is now closed the moment a Peep leaves the park.
- Builder UI now closes when selecting
while holding a premade from the Premade tab.
- Mission & economy balancing.
- Changing a ride theme with scenery now displays appropriate heatmaps.