We didn't expect Watch Dogs 2 to get quite as many version updates as it seems to be dishing out as of late, but that's hardly a bad thing. Ubisoft's hacking sequel has a lot more character than its original hooded recluse, so we can guess we'll be seeing a lot more of the Dedsec crew in the months to come.
To make things a little easier, we'll start grouping all the content updates into a single post. Maybe we'll end up with a page bigger than a standard-issue League of Legends hotfix, maybe we won't. But we might as well try.
Watch Dogs 2 - Title Update 1.15
Yes, we have indeed skipped a number here; but don't let that get to you. Patch 1.15 introduces a new co-op event, 'PVP Loot Trucks' and a couple of other less meaningful updates. Oh. And maybe there's something in your inventory. Or not. Who knows.
- Man Vs Machine Co-op Event
- A weaponized Tidis protoype security robot has been detected around the Bay Area
- It will appear dynamically in the world as a DedSec Event when you’re paired up with someone in co-op
- PvP Loot Trucks
- This update supports up to 4 players in a session at a time, and can be played co-op.
- Leaderboard Improvements
- These should now be easier to read
- Phone Backgrounds
- set your swag to 100 and customize your in-game phone with a selection of different backgrounds
- Tweaks and Balancing
- Bounty Hunter target buff
- Bounty Hunter leaderboard boost
- Improved Showd0wn match flow
- Multiple crash fixes
Watch Dogs 2 - Title Update 1.13
Title update 1.3 falls in line with the recently outlined roadmap - and it's pretty sizable at that. The Steam comments may have been overrun by Doge, but Ubisoft isn't fazed. Here are the goods;
- New Online Mode: Showd0wn
- This is a new type of online gameplay for 2v2 PvP matches that can be played with a friend, or through random matchmaking.
- Online Races
- Drone, motocross and eKart races are getting multiplayer functionality! They will also have their own leaderboards, so you can use them to compete for season rewards.
- Loot Truck Event
- These armored trucks will randomly appear in the world, offering you a chance to hack them and then defend against the flood of police that will be responding. These will not be easy to rob, but the cash and followers payout is fat.
- Paintball Gun
- This bad boy will be available in the 3D printer and can stun enemies with a barrage of paintballs. Fun fact: in PvP gameplay your opponent’s screen will be colored in paintball splashes when you attack them.
- New Clothes
- 13 new clothing items are available in the various stores, as if you didn’t look fly enough already.
- Explosive Damage
- We’ve improved the effectiveness of explosives for online play. With this update, damage to the opponent is determined by their proximity to the explosion
- Multiple minor improvements to the leaderboard system
- Bug Fixes
- “Bio Hacking” blocker – Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from completing this mission.
- Duplicate operations – Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing duplicate operation entries in the DedSec App.
- Key Data – We’ve updated some Key Data units with proper definitions and descriptions on the map.
- Fixed an issue when the game couldn’t be started in Steam after the download with "Launch the game as soon as it`s ready" option turned on.
- Fixed an issue when the San Francisco Fog was displaying incorrectly during rain.
- Fixed an issue when the game launched on laptops with integrated GPU, instead of dedicated.
- Lots of fixes to various minor issues with flickering, reflections, missing textures, windowed modes behavior, UI, text, online game modes, other stuff, yada yada.
Watch Dogs 2 - Title Update 1.12
You're not getting that 1.2 update that easily. If you read Title Update 1.12 as Title Update 1.2 - like me - you probably got your hopes up there. Well, it's certainly not for a bigger patch, but it's one that should iron out whatever potential memory leak was causing the game to degrade in performance over time ending with a glorious crash.
- Hot fix patch on all platforms that will include a fix to a performance issue where FPS would drop significantly for sustained periods, ending with a crash.
Watch Dogs 2 - Title Update 1.11
What happened to Patch 1.10? No idea! Maybe we missed it, maybe we didn't. Either way, Patch 1.11 is almost the one we've all been waiitng for - that big one they've mentioned to be getting closer with each bug fix set. This one clocks in at a whopping 14gb bringing with it the San Fancisco area ready for the Human Condition DLC going forward. Here's the lot;
- Marcus can now perform additional dance emotes that change based on his clothing
- 12 new clothing items have been added to stores
- Mock and Laughing emotes have been added
- Ubisoft Club rewards based around For Honor and Ghost Recon Wildlands will become available
- As a hunter, you’ll now be able to respawn once if killed while in pursuit of a hunter
- Replay the last story mission for a new piece of narrative detail
- An end-of-season debrief message will display when you open the app for the first time after the season ends
- Display Online Invasion download zone before it begins
- No more Online Invasion radius trolling
- Reduced co-op respawn advantage in Bounty Hunter
- Removed escape disadvantage for targets in Bounty Hunter
- Nerfed shotties
- IED/ElectroShock Notifications
- Hackerspace camping addressed
- Other/Stability/Bug Fixes
- Made numerous improvements to the feel of shooting in the game,
- Car on Demand vehicles will now spawn closer and in more convenient locations
- Improved performance and stability
- Fixed an issue where the Bounty Hunter in the Bounty event would not be rewarded followers if the event was cancelled
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck inside the boats if he was hijacked by another player
- Fixed numerous edge-case scenarios where the player could fall under the map
- Fixed an issue where the Auto-Hack bullets would not always work as intended
- Fixed an issue where some of the hacking options became momentarily unavailable after distracting a civilian
- Using the Mass Vehicle Hack as a car passenger will now clear the way in front of the driving player
- Tweaks on controllers trigger ratios for vehicle acceleration
- Fixed minor graphical issues on some vehicles
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to hack vehicles without consuming Botnets
- PC-Specific Updates
- Added a new Post-Process Anti-Aliasing mode – SMAA T2x, improved version of SMAA with a temporal component.
- Added a new video option that allows you to turn off dynamic particles, like leaves and effects of bullet hits
- Added two new mouse & keyboard options that allow you to turn off camera auto-centering while driving and sprinting
Watch Dogs 2 - Title Update 1.09
Rather than copy and paste the intention of this new patch, we'll just say it again. Just like how patch 1.08 was designed to allow the implementation of bigger patches in the future, patch 1.09 is still gunning for it. There's only two 'fixes' mentioned in the official notes with us being trusted to believe the rest of the stabilization, performance and bug fixes are actually present. Here's the not-a-lot;
- 'YourBoySerge' (a sniper rifle) has had its magazine round capacity reduced from 6 to 1
- Fixed an issue where players could help detect the presence of an invader in their session using an exploit on the World Map
Watch Dogs 2 - Title Update 1.08
With the common bug problems mostly out of the way, the next line of patches focus on the build-up to actual content releases. With the 'T-Bone Content Bundle' just around the corner, there's both free and paid content readying up. If you want the long list of bug fixes, you'll have to go here. For the rest, here you go;
- We’ve added a functionality that lets you replay any mission that is part of a Main Operation
- Your new Hacker Level is now displayed as a stat in Marcus’ phone, based on followers acquired
- DedSec picked up blueprints for enemy weapons and now they’re all available to print from the 3D Printer - for a fee.
- The first time you start a new game, you’ll be prompted to choose a difficulty level.
- Before the download is started:
- The target can no longer automatically profile the hacker or their RC.
- For the target player, in NetHack, the hacker’s RC is displayed as a neutral-colored object (instead of red).
- If the target does an action that reveals the presence of a hacker in their game the search zone is now 3 times bigger.
- To help the hacker to initiate the download while the target is moving in a vehicle, the hacker can now hold the hack button on the target for a distance up to 120m.
- During the download:
- Fixed an issue where the target’s name would be visible without having a line of sight on them.
- Fixed issues in NetHack that (in some situations) allowed the target to see civilians/hacker through the walls.
- You’ll be rewarded based on the percentage of download completed, and you’ll get extra rewards if you escape.
- Fixed an exploit where the player could not be seen while in the water using the Nethack vision.
- Fixed an issue where the media player song would still play in Nudle Map while being invaded by another player, creating an exploit that allowed you to better identify when you’re being invaded.
- Fixed an exploit where the side activities icons would disappear from the world map if a player was being invaded.
- your leaderboard rank for each multiplayer activity is now displayed at the beginning and end of each match, and also in the Multiplayer app.
- Entering the vehicle of an allied player will prompt that player to team up for co-op.
- We’ve added difficulty level to online operations icons on the world map.
- You can now throw an IED on rooftops from street level.
- We’ve made changes to the shooting behavior so that shooting your weapon feels more satisfying.
- Improved AI sniper behavior by making them move less from cover to cover, meaning they’ll shoot more often.
- Minor graphical fixes to Camera and Gallery interface that will help you take better screenshots.