Atari has announced that its theme park game, RollerCoaster Tycoon World, will be coming to Steam Early Access on March 30th. It was originally meant to be a full release, although it seems Atari have decided to go down the Early Access route.
Atari had been quietly running asince 30th October. "We’ve made so much progress with this group - getting invaluable feedback, testing ideas, and more – that we realized how much of a boon letting the rest of the community in would be in shaping our game," thanked the publisher in the game's Steam community .
Now, according to Atari, is the time to start Steam Early Access. "The Early Access version of RCTW includes a ton of content and we hope you will greatly appreciate the progress that we have made since our last public Beta."
The content included in the Steam Early Access version of RollerCoaster Tycoon World includes:
- An innovative coaster builder, combining freeform and piece-by-piece options for ultimate control
- Freeform object placement, allowing you to put every in-game object exactly where you want it
- Curved paths in a variety of widths and styles, bringing your park previously unheard of flexibility in layout
- A fully integrated Steam UGC system, giving you the freedom to create any object you want and import it DIRECTLY into the game
- Fully deformable terrain and water effects to change your park’s landscape quickly and easily
- Steam workshop support, to share content and utilize the creative power of the community
- Steam social integration and park sharing to stay connected with your fellow Tycoons from around the world
- Campaign mode
- An initial set of Scenarios
- The Sandbox mode
- 10 different types of coasters (all complete with ride cams)
- Over 30 different flat rides
- Tons of scenery Items to populate your parks
- 4 different themes (sci-fi, adventure, generic, and western)
- And much, much more
The Early Access Game will receive free updates over the next few months, getting such additions as piece-by-piece custom built structures, a Scenario Editor, Mini-rides , Dark Rides, Transport Rides, new and expanded decoration themes, additional Flat-rides, weather, custom music, and, of course, new Rollercoaster types.
The Steam Early Access version of RollerCoaster Tycoon World will cost $49.99 on the official Steam Store page. For those not keen on the Steam Early Access deal, Atari stated, "We know this is not what some of you may have expected. Thus, we are reaffirming our refund policy - we allow refunds up to March 31st 2016 to anyone that pre-ordered the game through Atari.com or RollerCoasterTycoon.com. This gives you a day to try Early Access, no strings attached. If you pre-ordered via Steam or another retailer, they will be able to facilitate refunds as needed."