Team 17's voyage back to the golden year's of the N64 with Yooka-Laylee is going to happen on the 11th April when it releases for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Although there's been fairly mixed reviews up to this point, with the game standing at 68% on Metacritic, a lot of the complaints were about the fixed camera and performance issues.
The good news is that there's going to be a patch released on launch that fixes a lot of the issues that have been mentioned, which is actually already available on the Xbox One, but it won't be available on the PC or PlayStation 4 until launch.
Here's all the list of changes the Yooka-Laylee launch patch makes:
Yooka-Laylee Update – Launch Patch
- [Fixed] Camera will become locked in place after completing Gravity Room challenge in Galleon
- [Fixed] Grappling the seeds as they break in Planker’s challenge causes erratic behaviour in Moodymaze Marsh
- [Fixed] Game softlocks and has to be reset if the player leaves the course and faints during the Nimble race in Tribalstack Tropics
- [Fixed] Softlock will sometimes occur on the Hub C slide if the player faints at the same moment as the timer reaching zero
- [Fixed] If the player leaves Brreeeze Block’s room in the Icymetric Palace in Glitterglaze Glacier but remains in the world and returns to the same room then the isometric camera will be deactivated
- [Fixed] If player is killed by a bizzy in hub B and knocked back into the archive door at the exact same time, the screen will still transition. When the player respawns, they will be unable to move
- Performance improvements to various camera transitions in the introductory cut scene
- Performance improvements to Shipwreck Creek and Hivory Towers. Various areas have been improved including camera movement
- Performance improvements when using the light beam in the Icymetric Palace within Glitterglaze Glacier
- Performance improvements during the House of Cards ball roll course in Capital Cashino
- Performance improvements in the Bee-Bop arcade game
We haven't been working on a review forpriced at £34.99. Don't forget to check out Emma's if you missed that too?