Quake Champions, which is currently still on Early Access, will be getting a big update this Thursday, December 14. It'll add a new Champion, Keel from Quake III Arena, a new Duel map, and lots of extras. Details below.
Here's everything coming in the big Holiday Update on December 14:
- NEW CHAMPION – Keel! Features "Grenade Swarm active ability that allows him launch a barrage of grenades and the Stockpile passive ability, which reduces the cooldown on Grenade Swarm with every ammo box he picks up." He'll be available for free for anyone who paid for the Champions Pack, and to buy with Platinum for F2P players.
- NEW DUEL MAP – Vale of Pnath! "A wickedly vertical shrine to the Elder God Ithagnal built atop treacherous acid-filled caverns"! It's free for everyone.
- RANKED PLAY AND LEADERBOARDS! We're shocked this wasn't in there already.
- CROSSHAIR CUSTOMIZATION! Everyone's been asking for this, and now it's in. I'll take the little red dot.
- HOLIDAY CELEBRATION! Yes, there's also a lot of Holiday-related stuff coming to the game too, including "animated Champion shaders and festive weapons shaders, holiday decorations on Burial Chamber and Corrupted Keep, holiday hat vanities for Champions, and limited edition profile icons and nameplates". Sounds awesome.
Quake Champions is the latest installment in the excellent Quake series, especially the online side. It went into Early Access in August 2017 and features the likes of Wolfenstein's BJ Blazkowicz, Quake 1's Ranger, and the Doom Slayer Marine. The big update will be out this Thursday for everyone.