Tannenberg is the sequel to Verdun, the popular World War One squad-based online shooter, and it's out now on open beta on Steam Early Access from developer Blackmill Games. We utterly loved Verdun, and Tannenberg looks even better. It focuses on the Eastern Front between Russia and Germany, and it boasts support for 64-player matches. All the details and the launch trailer are below.
Check out our list of the Best Shooters on PC!
Our review of Verdun! We loved it!
Here's everything we know about Tannenberg and the Open Beta available now:
- The Early Access version is feature complete. Developer Blackmill are focusing on balance, bugs, interface, performance, and adding an in-game switch between the two fronts.
- It costs $17.99/£13.99. If you own Verdun you can get a 20% discount between now and December 1.
- Authentic WW1 atmosphere and Setting. Accuracy in everything from maps and weaponry to uniforms. The maps use realistic props and terrain layouts based on locations from the hilly forests of Galicia to a Polish village subjected to scorched earth tactics.
- Tactical squad-based FPS. You can play as Russian, Austro-Hungarian and German troops.
- Large Open Maps, with weather variants from snow to summer sun, and the freedom to choose which sectors you will attack and defend.
- 64 player Maneuver game mode. AI bots are available to make up the numbers.
- The final version of Tannenberg will release in Q1 2018.
We loved Verdun, with our reviewer John-Paul Jones calling it "a ferocious and tense multiplayer shooter the likes of which we haven’t seen in a long time" and giving it a resounding 9.0 score. Tannenberg is already getting player reviews saying its even better, and it's not even out of beta yet.
If you want to join in, Tannenberg is available on Steam now priced $17.99/£13.99.