A sci-fi colony management simulation published by Team 17 of Worms fame, Aven Colony is a beautiful and relaxed RTS title that lets you build your own colony in an alien world.
As part of the colonisation effort, you must build a futuristic city while facing the creatures and environmental dangers of Aven Prime. The title was released in July, and received a consistent string of support since launch -- and you can read all about them here.
Identify The Threats Of Aven Prime In This New Aven Colony Trailer
Streaming Aven Colony with Christian and Emma – Replay
Update 1.0.24034 - December 20, 2017
Aven Colony's latest update adds a bunch of significant changes, including a new main menu, hover car chase cameras, and several new optimisations and bug fixes.
- Overhauled the main menu
- Improved the player rank UI
- Revised & expanded the looping main menu video
- Added a new Cinematic Camera mode, accessible by pressing Backspace or by selecting a VR Center in-game and selecting "Cinematic Camera." Right-clicking transitions to a different camera, and you can exit this mode by zooming with the mouse wheel, pressing the bar at the top of the screen, or pressing a key shortcut for any other camera mode. Check your key bindings if this option does not appear when hitting Backspace.
- Design change: when you cancel construction of an installation before it's built, all food, water, and nanites now get instantly refunded instead of remaining on the Ark ship. Passengers, however, do remain onboard.
- Hitting Esc now cancels you out of the current camera mode if not in the normal camera.
- Reduced the chance of creep and plague spores and some other threats by 5-10% at normal difficulty.
- Fixed an extremely rare crash bug
- Improved German/Spanish/Italian/French/Russian/Chinese translations
- Fixed bug with the colonist quantity not properly fitting in the box when 1000 or higher ("1.0 Tsd")
- Changed some of the aggregate morale values to say "X / Y" instead of a percentage, in response to a user request
- Fixed a bug with "insufficient housing" notifications when you actually had a few open slots
- Bug fix: guardians linked to special rewards in Eden Crater no longer get respawned
- It's now much easier to get the "Explorer" achievement; it no longer requires 100% of the fog to be cleared
- Fixed a bug where remote settlements sometimes didn't properly have their resources removed from trade