Empires Apart, the upcoming spiritual successor to Age of Empires from Slitherine, has a release date of March 29.
The new historical RTS has been developed with the help of "hundreds of AoE players around the world" according to developer DESTINYbit.
Check out our list of the Best Strategy Games on PC!
4X strategy Warhammer 40K Gladius will have Mod Support, but NOT Microtransactions
You can watch the launch trailer for Empires Apart here or embedded below. There will be a gameplay stream at 3:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM GMT / 9:00 PM CET today on the Slitherine Twitch channel here if you want to get a look at the game.
The six historical factions are Aztecs, Chinese, French, Mongols, Arabs or Byzantines, which players command over randomly-generated maps. Developer DESTINYbit says that they involved "hundreds of AoE players around the world all the way through the development process" in order to get the game feeling perfect.
Here are the features, according to the Press Release:
- Play as Aztecs, Chinese, French, Mongols, Arabs or Byzantines, each with its own unique gameplay, two variants and two heroes.
- Online battles and AI Skirmishes with up to 8 players.
- Fight against hordes of AI enemies in Survival Mode.
- Sharpen your skills in 6 unique challenges for each Civilization.
- Procedurally generated maps with beautiful graphics and atmosphere.
Empires Apart will be out on March 29. You can check out the Steam page here.