Age of Wonders: Planetfall's v1.200 Tyrannosaurus Update is now live, its patch notes revealing the addition of game intensity controls that open the way to easier, more relaxed games, exploration sites and more.
Age of Wonders: Planetfall's v1.200 Tyrannosaurus Update also adds racial starting bonuses, in an attempt to further help differentiate its different factions, alongside fleeing enemies.
Age of Wonders: Planetfall v1.200 Tyrannosaurus Update Patch Notes
Here are all the new features introduced to Age of Wonders: Planetfall in its v1.200 Tyrannosaurus Update:
New Feature: Game Intensity Controls
There is a new master setting called Game Intensity which can be used to make the game more relaxing and easy to play. This controls 4 settings under the Advanced Toggle:
- NPC Dwelling Mode - Controls how often NPC factions make demands and give quests. Setting this to Passive also disables faction rivalry (you no longer get penalized by one faction for doing a quest for another faction)
- AI Passivity - Controls how diplomatically active AIs are (how much they try and interact with the player)
- Spawner Aggression - Controls how often spawners create armies that attack you
- Defender Strength - Used to be called World Threat, controls the strength of independent stacks on the world map
New Feature: Exploration Sites
We’ve rebranded a number of Strategic Structures to a new category of structure called an “Exploration Site”. These structures give +10 income per resource and buff units produced in owning cities, however you need to send armies into them to clear them before you can use them. Apart from their previous surface tactical map; they now also feature new interior maps.
- Strategic Structures changed to Exploration Sites: ‘Psi Shrine’, ‘Terraforming Station’, ‘DNA Vault’, ‘Imperial War Monument’, ‘Heavy Weapons Factory’, ‘Transmission Tower’ (renamed to ‘Broadcast Station), ‘Paragon Training District’ (renamed to ‘Paragon Barracks’)
- Exploration Site ‘Psi Shrine’ - Units built in the owner colony gain 2 Psi Resistance.
- Exploration Site ‘Psi Shrine’ - Changed income from 5 Research to 10 Research and 10 Energy
- Exploration Site ‘Imperial War Monument’ - Non-mindless Units built in the owner colony gain 200 morale.
- Exploration Site ‘Imperial War Monument’ - Changed income from 2 Happiness to 10 Production and 10 Food
- Exploration Site ‘DNA Vault’ - Biological and Cybernetic units built in the owner colony gain +5 HP.
- Exploration Site ‘DNA Vault’ - Changed income from 5 Food to 10 Food and 10 Research
- Exploration Site ‘Terraforming Station’ - Units built in the owner colony gain +1 Status Effect Resistance on every channel.
- Exploration Site ‘Terraforming Station’ - Changed income from 5 Food to 20 Food
- Exploration Site ‘Heavy Weapons Factory’ - Heavy units built in the owner colony gain +1 armor.
- Exploration Site ‘Heavy Weapons Factory’ - Changed income from 5 Production to 20 Production
- Exploration Site ‘Broadcast Station’ - Units built in the owner colony gain +10% accuracy.
- Exploration Site ‘Broadcast Station’ - Changed income from 1 Influence to 5 Influence
- Exploration Site ‘Paragon Barracks’ - Light units built in the owner colony gain +1 shields.
- Exploration Site ‘Paragon Barracks’ - Added 10 Energy and 10 Production income
New Feature: Racial Starting Bonuses
Each race now gets starting bonuses to help make them feel a bit more different during gameplay. Each race has a short term bonus and a long term one:
- Assembly now start with 20 extra cosmite
- Assembly players now always ignore the modded unit penalty
- Removed the Augmentative Mastery doctrine (they get it for free now) and moved the Neural-Interface Data Core up to tier 5 to replace it
- Vanguard starting army is now all at Novice rank
- All vanguard units are now produced from colonies with +1 level
- Amazons now start with a random animal unit (a T2 animal or a T1 hopper hound)
- Amazons now earn food whenever they kill an animal in combat
- Dvar start with +150 energy
- Dvar gets a 15% discount for using energy to rush production
- Kirko start the game with 2 emergent units
- Kirko receive a 25% reduction on the upkeep of all T1 and T2 units
- Syndicate start with 25 extra influence
- Syndicate have +1 doctrine slot
New Feature: No Colonizer Mode
There is now a “No Colonizer” mode in Advanced Settings under Game Flow. This prevents the player from building colonizers (colonizers can still be gained from Settlements and Anomalous Sites).
New Feature: Fleeing Enemies
Attacking a weaker stack will sometimes cause that stack to retreat (you can still choose to fight it anyway). Attacking a stack of roughly the same strength will sometimes give the option to allow you to bribe the stack to leave with energy.
The Tyrannosaurus Update is absolutely massive, bringing a wealth of other additions to Age of Wonders: Planetfall, including tier 2 starting units based on your secret technology, a more readable world map and AI improvements that see computer-controlled opponents recruiting more varied armies.
You can go through everything that's been added in the full patch notes over on the Paradox forums.