Aliens: Fireteam Elite's post-launch plans were detailed soon after launch, when its Year 1 roadmap was unveiled. As 2021 comes to a close, we now know when to expect Season 2's release date and what exactly is included in the game's second major content drop.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite's Season 2 release date lands in mid-December, introducing the new Point Defense game mode, a tool to track your stats for each available mission as well as new items for you to collect while mowing down Xenomorphs. On top of that, Endeavor Pass owners will also receive the Nostromo Salvage Pack, which includes more than 20 items. Read on below for all the details.
Players only have to wait until December 14 for Aliens: Fireteam Elite's Season 2 release date to occur, having access to all of its additions right away. The new game mode, Point Defense, blends survival and defense, tasking you and your squad with protecting, repairing, and holding three points from waves of Xenomorphs.
Temporary consumables can be purchased using Fabrication Points, increasing your chances of success. Completing missions on different difficulties leads to unlocking all of the 13 new attachments introduced in Season 2, alongside three emotes, the Dragon decal and its 3 variants (Vermillion, Azure, and White), as well as the Exoskeletal Laminate colorway.
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite Season 2 release date: December 14, 2021
Lifetime stats are another feature of Aliens: Fireteam Elite's second season, letting you track your performance – since launch – with each class kit and weapon across all available missions. Speaking of guns, four new ones will become available in mid-December. Here's how they're described on the game's website:
- EVI-87 Zvezda Plasma Rifle - While still considered experimental outside the UPP, Hyperdyne has eagerly pushed export sales to corner a new market early. The fastest firing Automatic Rifle on the market currently, the plasma rounds provide great accuracy and minimal recoil, albeit with lower stopping power, especially at range.
- Microburst - While "small area" RPGs and grenades have become common in modern weaponry, Hyperdyne has pushed further into a rapid fire, very condensed explosive, allowing users to blanket an area with powerful anti-personnel explosions with minimal collateral damage.
- PPZ-49 Vol - The Vol features a closed-bolt and uses a gasless system, providing more accurate grouping in sustained fire. Coupled with the large magazine, the PPZ-49 edges close to Automatic Rifle territory while still being compact.
- Frontier Revolver - When Hyperdyne decided to make a gun designed for explorers and miners, they went with a more traditional revolver format that was easier to maintain. The massive punch more than made up for the kick and single chamber reload, making these very common in the outer rim.
SSgt Park will also sell a batch of new items at the armory, including the four weapons detailed above, the Festive Hat head accessory, Camo Tiger Orange colorway, and more.
More cosmetics can be accessed in Season 2 via the premium Endeavor Pass, which gets expanded through the Nostromo Salvage Pack, that you can also pick up individually for $9.99 or your regional equivalent.
That's what you need to know about Aliens: Fireteam Elite's Season 2 release date. If you've just picked up the game in recent sales or just need a reminder, here's what Season 1 introduced shortly after launch.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .