Publisher Slitherine and developer Black Lab Games have announced that Battlestar Galactica Deadlock's Season 2 will end later this month, on September 24.
The release of the Armistice and Modern Ships Pack DLCs alongside the free Daybreak update will mark Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season 2's conclusion.
Following on from Ghost Fleet Offensive, Armistice is a DLC with an 8-mission story campaign that's set in the final days of the First Cylon War.
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season 2 End
Aside from putting an end to Clothos’ plot for dominion and taking part in Operation Raptor Talon, Armistice also gives Battlestar Galactica Deadlock players 9 new resource missions and 3 new music tracks from composer Ash Gibson Greig.
"Players will discover (and play) the BSG -75 secret missions to stop the Cylons from creating the super weapon they need to kill all human beings in the universe, and the truce following the last battle." reads an emailed press release.
"Battlestar Galactica Deadlock becomes the perfect interactive prequel to the TV shows millions of humans love around the world, unveiling the details of how the Colonies forced the Cylons to stop their foul attack on humans – at least for few decades."
As Season 2 concludes, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock's Modern Ships Pack DLC will introduce the six ships found below, that can be used in Skirmish, Multiplayer and the Season 1 DLC Anabasis:
Colonial Mercury - Heavy Modern Battlestar
- The Mercury class battlestar is a pinnacle of Colonial Fleet naval engineering. Equipped with unprecedented armour and firepower, the Mercury is perhaps best known for its stacked inverted ventral flightpods for exceptional fighter support.
Colonial Valkyrie - Support Battlestar
- The Battlestar Valkyrie is a type of battlestar that would prove popular in the years following the First Cylon War. Its small frame is heavily armed, allowing for a highly maneuverable artillery package.
Colonial Viper Mk VII - Modern Space Superiority Fighter
- The unparalleled Colonial fighter.
Cylon Modern Basestar - Command Ship
- Unlike their predecessors, these basestars relied solely on missile and fighter deployments for protection. These modern basestar utilised an organic hull resin, which allowed structural damage to be repaired quickly.
Cylon Guardian Basestar - Basestar Prototype
- Although the development of this basestar is shrouded in secrecy, it is understood that it escaped Operation Raptor Talon with the prophetic Hybrid prototype, and a cadre of Centurions.
Modern Raider - Modern Cylon Fighter
- The ultimate evolution of Cylon fighter technology.
Finally, the game's free Daybreak update will add a Photo Mode while increasing Fleet Caps to 16k points and 10 ships in Skirmish, Multiplayer, and Operation Anabasis. Multiplayer matches will also support both 12k and 16k fleet caps.
As Season 2 comes to a close, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is set to receive custom team colors, more Cylon fleets in co-op, as well as three new multiplayer modes:
- Demolition. In Demolition mode one fleet is tasked with destroying a mission critical station; the other with defending it at all costs. The attacking player wins if the station is destroyed.
- Extraction. A refugee fleet of defectors is ambushed while their FTL drives are spooling. In Extraction the defending player wins when at least one civilian ship jumps out of the battle.
- Propaganda. A strategic satellite relay is ready to broadcast your political manifesto, but you will have to fight for control of the network. The more satellites you control, the faster your opponents counter decreases. The match ends when one player’s counter reaches zero. The player with the most points wins.
The Fleet Builder UI will get quality of life improvements, while selecting a Focus Fire target will display information for any weapon type that can hit it. This includes a comparison between your and your opponent's accuracy ratings.
Lastly, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock's free Daybreak update will let players see their fleet list before engaging in battle in story campaigns, while introducing performance improvements and balance changes which include:
- Exclusion ranges for Tactical Jump,
- Reworking of the Irradiated Clusterbomb and EMP mechanics,
- Subsystem Repair Rate boost added to the Defender’s Tech Support ability,
- Mines can now be disarmed mid-armament,
- Plus many more balance updates for Cylon and Colonial fleets
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is out now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.