Publishers Crunching Koalas have announced their new game, Bonkies. Bonkies is a physics-based couch co-op construction builder from Studio Gauntlet. There's currently no release date confirmed but the game is expected this summer on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch.
Bonkies gives 1-4 players a highly trained monkey, each equipped with bionic arms and a jetpack before setting them lose on construction projects located on various planets throughout the solar system. Players will need to cooperate to move and stack blocks to fit the preplanned outlines, all within a time limit.
Bonkies Announced with Teaser Trailer
The game features single and multiplayer campaigns made up of hand-crafted levels where agility, planning, and coordination are required to solve the puzzles in time. Studio Gauntlet have designed a challenging experience, while keeping the game light-hearted enough for family play on a couch.
Key features include;
- Raise or topple physics-based stacked blocks
- Play with up to 3 friends in single screen multiplayer, or by yourself in single player campaign
- Travel the solar system and visit planets like Mars
- Tons of cleverly designed puzzles
- Make use of special blocks in the right places
- Guide charming monkey astronauts
The game demo is currently on Steam as part of theuntil May 15th and has already won Best Design and Player's Choice at the Norwegian Game Awards.