Code Vein, as a Dark Souls-like game, is all about exploring the world and taking on the deadliest enemies in all videogames - where even the most basic opponent can kill you if you're not careful. Which makes the Code Vein Invading Executioner boss so deadly.
Below we'll show you how to defeat this terrifying and beautiful boss, one of the most difficult in Code Vein. Even more importantly though, we'll show you where you need to go after defeating Invading Executioner. Where is the Statue of the Goddess in Code Vein? We've got the answers.
How to beat the Code Vein Invading Executioner boss
The Invading Executioner boss can be found at the end of the Howling Pit, right after you meet Mia Karnstein. You'll have to defeat this boss to get Mia as a companion. The Invading Executioner has the following attacks:
- Spinning attack - The boss plants her sickle in the ground and does a pole dance - a deadly, deadly pole dance. Don't be close, she'll smash you up good.
- Spinning attack with water balls - Same as the above, with the added danger that she spins so fast blasts of water flies outward from her. Stay a distance away and avoid the water balls. This is the attack that's most likely to down your companion.
- Water shield - After taking off about 25% of the Executioner's health, she'll be briefly downed, allowing you to get some hits in. She'll then charge herself up with a water shield that'll lessen the next few hits. Not offensive, but it makes her attacks more deadly too.
- Charge swipe - Watch this one. She'll lower her scythe in your direction, and then you'll have to do a precise dodge to avoid the charge - otherwise it'll probably down you completely. She'll later start doing an even worse version, where she does several charges at once! Luckily after the first, they're not targeted. Still, avoid at all costs!
- Water area strike - The boss will point at you, and a circle will appear under your feet. Get out of it fast, otherwise it'll do a lot of damage.
- Sideways sweep strike - A sweep attack with her scythe. Just dodge around it. It's even possible to parry it, if you're really good.
- Stomp - Get too close and she'll stomp you. Easy to dodge.
If you have them, Invading Executioner is weak against fire and lightning attacks, so use them wherever possible. If you're having trouble, choose a specialist Blood Code for offensive Gifts and start firing blood shots at her from a distance. As long as you can avoid her attacks, and preferably don't lose your companion, you should make it through - after a few attempts!
Of course, the issue now is - what do you do and where do you go next?
Where is the Statue of the Goddess after beating Code Vein Invading Executioner?
After beating the Invading Executioner, you'll get a proper introduction to Mia Karnstein as she joins your little family. She'll tell you where to go next - to look for the Statue of the Goddess in the city ruins. Can you remember where that is?
You'll need to warp to the Park Ruins Mistle, close to where you encountered the Butterfly of Delirium boss - it'll be before that area, though, just off a ladder to the right of the Mistle. Look down and you'll see the statue. Use it, and the other ladder will drop - allowing you to continue the game!