Control's system requirements aren't kidding around. Remedy Entertainment has always been at the forefront of high-end visual fidelity releases, but the recommended system specs for Control are something else, with RTX 2080 recommended for ray-tracing shenaningans.
Whether minimum system requirements are indeed quite as high in practice as the latest information would have us believe, we just cannot tell before Control is out, but the official system specs may worry a great number of players with how high they are.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 x64
- Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X or better
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD RX580 or better
- Ray-Tracing: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
- 8 GB RAM
- DirectX 11
Recommended System Requirements
- Windows 10 x64
- Intel Core i5-8600 / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X or better
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti / AMD Radeon VII or better
- Ray-Tracing: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
- 16 GB RAM
- DirectX 11 / DirectX 12
As you can see, even the minimum requirements are very steep. This isn't odd if you consider how demanding Remedy's previous game, Quantum Break, turned out to be, and if we're being quite honest, Control does look rather amazing in most-all promo materials we've seen so far. The game is set to come out on 27th of August as an Epic Games exclusive.