DayZ's Update 1.09 goes live on the game's PC experimental branch today, a first look at its patch notes revealing the addition of the flag pole.
As DayZ's PC Update 1.09 arrives on the experimental branch, publisher and developer Bohemia Interactive is also kicking off a base building challenge.
Players have until September 4 to build a base on the DayZ experimental servers and send it in to be judged by a jury of DayZ developers.
DayZ PC Experimental Update 1.09 Patch Notes
The winner of the contest, which for the moment takes place only on PC, will receive up to 5 Livonia keys and the opportunity of designing a flag that will be added to the game.
Below, you'll find the full DayZ PC experimental Update 1.09 patch notes and subsequent changes, as detailed on the game's forums:
- Fixed a bug allowing infected to climb over closed party tent doors
- Fixed possible sliding while jumping into a ceiling
- Fixed an issue with picking up items through certain walls
- Fixed an issue with the flag pole kit not being visible in vicinity and could not be picked up
- Fixed a bug that caused that clothing was dropped on the ground from small containers in the inventory when logging in
- Fixed a bug making it possible to place tents in the water
- Fixed a bug making it possible to place tents into steep terrain
- Fixed an issue with stacking producing extra items
- Fixed an issue with incorrect weights shown in the inventory UI tooltip
- Further improvements to character collisions with ceiling
- Handgun Scope balancing (lowered dispersion modifier, reduced ranging options)
- The Flag pole can no longer be built while in prone
- Digging a garden plot now damages the tool used
- Locking/unlocking doors now damages the Lockpick
- Fixed: The offline CE files now properly reflect 1.09 changes for both the Chernarus and Livonia terrains
- Fixed a crash on usage of Entity::GetScale
- Clothing items placed into a Utility Buttpack will respawn on the ground when logging in
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Added the Deagle pistol with its attachments
- Added the Revolver
- Added the Flag Pole and Flags
- Added the NBC Respirator
- Added 7 new exterior and interior variants for rural houses
- Added police ADA 4x4 wrecks for Livonia (replacing Chernarus police Olga)
- Added information to items as to how many you can stack
- Fixed various issues with object placement of both Chernarus and Livonia terrains
- Fixed several exploits to glitch through collisions
- Fixed an issue with the characters sliding on steep slopes
- Fixed a bug that would spawn certain items slightly below the ground when swapped between the inventory and vicinity
- Fixed a bug that caused ropes and sticks to be left behind after destroying the watchtower or fence kit
- Fixed an issue that the player could hear themselves after using and leaving the PSA station behind
- Fixed a minor misalignment of the mouse cursor texture
- Fixed an issue that prevented full rounds from being displayed in 1st person view when ejected from the gun
- Fixed a bug that displayed the Plate Carrier Holster upside-down in the inventory view
- Fixed an issue that caused crafted items to float above the ground
- Fixed an issue that caused fish caught via fishing to float above the ground
- Fixed an issue that allowed the gas cooker to run even when stored inside the inventory
- Fixed a bug that placed the rope on the ground, if you removed it from a Watchtower Kit or Fence Kit into your hands
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up certain items that were dropped on the Watchtower
- Fixed a bug that would cause floating ammunition to appear next to the player while reloading
- Fixed a bug that would cause dropped items to clip through the garden plot
- Fixed a bug that caused wooden planks cut from a pile to be created wherever the first cut plank was moved
- Fixed a bug blocking players from opening vehicles doors caused by nearby dead bodies
- Jumping out of a car can no longer be used to glitch into objects or jump through fences (player will get teleported back)
- Fixed an issue with items in nested containers disappearing or spawning on the ground as new
- Fixed the damage calculation of the shotgun when using pellet ammunition
- Fixed a bug that allowed to see through the Olga 24 without hood in 1st person view
- Updated the textures for several buildings and various props
- You can now place up to 10 Wooden Sticks into a fireplace
- Armbands are not stackable anymore and their inventory size are decreased to 1x2
- The doors of vehicle wrecks now open wider
- Locked doors only display their locked state after the player tried to open them once
- Changed the attachment slot for Stones
- Stacks of same items can also be combined on the ground (to the maximum of inventory stack)
- Updated the model of Olga 24 police car for Chernarus
- Balanced the dispersion values for all pistols
- Balanced the weapon durability during firing
- Increased the durability of suppressors (including improvised)
- Duct tape can no longer be used to repair weapons and their attachments
- Added more loot points to the car wrecks
- Doors are now persistent
- Lifetime values of all items have been greatly increased
- Rare helicrash loot is now opted out from count in cargo of player-owned storage items (tents, crates,..)
- The restart of server no longer spawns new loot (ignoring restock timers) and loot is only spawned after restock timers run out
- Added new InitialSpawn parameter into globals.xml, allowing the definition of the % of items spawned into the world (only when there is no existing storage present)
- Added: Exposed AbstractWave::GetFrequency into scripts
- Added: DayZPlayerUtils::PlayerCanChangeStance function
- Added: Script define DAYZ_X_YY (DayZ version, X being the major, YY the minor version number)
- Added: New no land-contact versions for castle models (it is recommended not to use the regular versions because of collision issues)
- Added: IsPendingDeletion to easily check if a parent object is in the deletion process
- Added: OnJumpOutVehicleFinish event when a player lands after jumping out of a car
- Added: GetCEGlobal functions to get values defined in the globals.xml
- Fixed: Entity::SetScale is now working in script
- Changed: Bullet SphereCast & RayCast can ignore BulletSkeletonComponent
- Changed: Renamed OnRadiusLifetime* methods to RadiusLifetime* methods
- Changed: Commented out the legacy solution for damaging weapons through script, now replaced with damageBarrel and barrelArmor config parameters
- Changed: m_ConditionTarget of targeted actions from 'CCTNone' to something, that can check first distance condition (usually 'CCTCursor').
- Changed: Items created through script (CreateObject, CreateObjectEx) will get their lifetime assigned (when CE is running)
- Changed: Passing the new ECE_NOLIFETIME flag to CreateObjectEx will skip the setting of lifetime for the created object
- Changed: Debug shapes are now visible when DayZDiag_x64.exe is used
- Due to a UI bug, the weight of any item in the inventory tooltip is displayed as 0.25 KG.
- Clothing items stored in containers will drop on the ground when logging in
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.
📢Hello survivors!— DayZ 🖥 🎮 ❤️ (@DayZ) August 18, 2020
PC experimental update 1.09. will be Live today at 15:00 (CEST).
With it, we are kicking off a #Dayzbasebuilder challenge.
Winner will get the opportunity to have their own Flag in-game
1.09 introduces the Flag Pole.
More info in the thread pic.twitter.com/imsKb6RleC