Dead by Daylight today received Update 3.2.0 which accompanies its most recent chapters focused on popular web TV series Stranger Things.
A look at the Update 3.2.0 patch notes reveals a handful of changes alongside support for Dead by Daylight's latest chapter, including some related to balance changes.
Dead By Daylight Update 3.2.0 Patch Notes
Here are the major changes and additions introduced in Dead by Daylight's Update 3.2.0, as per its patch notes:
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - Added 2 new Status Effects; Oblivious (Survivor) and Undetectable (Killer). Currently, these status effects are applied to the new Killer, The Demogorgon, and The Nightmare.
- Oblivious: The Survivor is oblivious to the imminent danger of a nearby Killer. They do not hear The Killer's terror radius and they are not considered as being within the terror radius for power or perk effects.
- Undetectable: The Killer enters a stealth-like mode which suppresses their red stain and terror radius, and blocks all Survivor aura-reading abilities.
- Content - Added a new Killer (The Demogorgon).
- Content - Added a new Survivor (Nancy Wheeler).
- Content - Added a new Survivor (Steve Harrington).
- Content - Added a new map (The Underground Complex - Hawkins National Laboratory).
Party Management & Friends List
- Merged "Survive With Friends" grouping functionality into "Play As Survivor" flow.
- Friends List - See who is online and invite them to play or request to join an existing party, all from within the game.
- In-Game Notifications - Notifications for incoming invites, requests to join, and players joining / leaving your party.
- Survivor Parties now stay together between games - No need to re-invite after each match!
- The Nightmare now applies the Oblivious status effect to Survivors when he brings them into the Dream World and they remain Oblivious for the entire duration that they spend in the Dream World. This is indicated to Survivors by the status effect icon on the right side of the screen. This change makes it so that The Nightmare has a constant 32 meter terror radius, however, Survivors do not hear it when they are in the Dream World. Survivors still hear The Nightmare's lullaby when they are in the Dream World, however, they are no longer affected by terror radius based conditions for perks (such as Coulrophobia or Overwhelming Presence). As a Survivor, if you do not hear The Killer's terror radius, you are not considered to be within The Killer's terror radius.
Misc Gameplay changes
- Increased the amount of perks available in the players Bloodweb, starting at level 40.
- Added 2 new score events when escaping and dying as the Obsession in the Survival category.
- Added a new glow effect to Survivors' health bar when bleeding out, carried and hooked. This is used to indicate that the health bar depletion is paused.
- Added a debuff icon, similar to The Trappers Honing Stone add-on, when affected by The Nightmare's Red Paint Brush, Swing Chains, Jump Rope and Outdoor Rope add-ons.
- Adjusted the distance at which the player hears the Entity window blocker audio from 16 meters to 8 meters.
- Reworked the hair on Meg's Game Set Match head customization items.
- Adjusted the dynamic animation on the pony tail for Meg's Teen Angst head customization item.
- Added the band aid on Meg's knee for the Tempo Runner outfit. Icons have also been updated to reflect this.
- Reworked the hair on Jake's Sharp Mustache Jake and Old Man Jake head customization items.
- Optimization of hair materials.
Survivor perk changes
- Left Behind: When you are the last Survivor alive in the trial, the hatch aura is revealed to you within a 24/28/32 meter range.
- Dark Sense: Now triggers from any generator completion instead of only generators completed by the perk owner.
Killer perk changes
- Dying Light: Your Obsession gains a 33% action speed bonus to unhooking and healing other Survivors. Each time you hook a Survivor that is not the Obsession and the Obsession is alive, gain a token. If the Obsession is alive, all Survivors who are not the Obsession get a 2/2.5/3% penalty to repair, healing and sabotage speed for each token.
Update 3.2.0 also comes with a multitude of bug fixes, which you can check out in the full patch notes.
Dead by Daylight is now available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. The game is headed to mobile platforms later this year.