Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios have announced that Dead Island 2 has already sold over 1 million copies since its launch on April 21st, 2023.
Dead Island 2 released across multiple platforms, including the PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PS4, with our very own Bogdan Roberts saying "Dead Island 2 may not reinvent the zombie-killing genre, but its sun-soaked setting, humorous tone, and satisfying combat make it a worthwhile addition to the series" in his review.
Deep Silver has put together some interesting stats based on what players have been getting up to since the game launched earlier this month.
- More than 1 million – copies of Dead Island 2 sold in the first weekend
- 11 million – total hours played
- 28 million – total number of player deaths (over twice the population of Los Angeles)
- 45 million – zombies sliced in half
- 756 million – zombie limbs hacked off
- 1.1 billion – total number of zombies slayed
With ongoing support and potential DLC on the horizon, Dead Island 2 is poised to continue growing and evolving in the future. We'll be sure to keep you informed if any additional DLC becomes available over the coming months.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on Twitter, checking out our videos on YouTube, and giving us a like on Facebook. We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.