The original Deus Ex is still considered to be a masterpiece of gaming. It hasn't aged well in terms of graphics and many features have been done better since, but the freedom to interact so fully with an environment and take multiple paths to an objective was virtually unfounded, and Deus Ex was its pioneer.
June 22nd 2020 saw the release of CDX v1, a multiplayer mod for that original game, 20 years after we first stepped onto Liberty Island. The multiplayer mod incorporates optimisations that simply weren't conceivable when the game was made so the list of features and fixes is long and varied.
The biggest changes to Deus Ex multiplayer is the improved netcode and hit detection, bringing it more in line with what's expected from the modern gamer. Exploits, bugs, QoL, and gameplay problems also take a shotgun blast of rework with the spread hitting everything from missing features to modability as well.
Deus Ex Multiplayer Mod CDX v1 Released, offers improved Netcode and Hit Detection
- You no longer have to aim weapons predictively due to ping
- You can't speedhack anymore (fps abuse etc)
- Crosshair changes to prevent easy triggerbot cheats
- You can now see where your teammates are, and roughly how much health they have (also helps to avoid LAM friendly fire)
- Hit feedback (Plays sound when dealing damage)
- Spectating system
- More responsive weapon switching and dropping with animation-interrupts
- Heavy weapons will no longer mess with your mouse sensitivity
- Teamkilling reworked as mirror damage. Hitting teammates with explosive or EMP damage reflects it onto the user (This means that spamming explosives carelessly is still discouraged, and the spammer is punished INSTEAD of the teammate!)
- You won't drop deco when shot by teammates
- Planted grenades will ignore gunshots from teammates/griefers
- Pressing F1 (inventory) will bring up a chat log. You can also see detailed info on your health, credits etc
- Slightly increased movement speed (230 - 280. SP is 320) when not using Speed Aug (to help Recirc Aug users)
- Slight air-movement changes to make jumps like Silo fence and Smuggler windows work much more consistently
- CDX games will display clearer information in the server browser
- CDX simplifies the creation of new gamemodes (like CTF), and can be modded easily without rebuilding MTL via ANNAExt. Modes created this way will also never become out of date, even if CDX is updated
- Accidentally selecting empty belt slots will no longer unequip your weapon
As we mentioned above, the mod also includes a lot of balance and quality of life changes and the full patch notes can be found over at thefan site, and no install is needed to enjoy - except for the game of course…
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.