Diablo 3 relies on Seasons to refresh its gameplay experience and introduce new rewards that players can pursue. With Season 20 having come to a close, players are likely wondering about when Season 21 might begin and end.
Diablo 3 Seasons have varied in length quite a bit over time, which makes predicting exact start and end dates often tricky.
Thankfully, Blizzard has stepped in and offered a slew of details about Diablo 3's Season 21 – titled Trial of Tempests – including some on its start and end date.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Start and End Date
Diablo 3 Season 21's start date has been locked down to Friday, July 3, with its accompanying patch 2.6.9 hitting live servers as early as June 23. Here are Season 21's start times:
- North America - 5:00pm PDT
- Europe - 5:00pm CEST
- Asia - 5:00pm KST
- All Consoles Worldwide - 5:00pm PDT
Blizzard hasn't given any details about the Diablo 3 Season 21 end date. Given how Seasons tend to last between 70 and 136 days, Trial of Tempests could end as early as September 11 or as late as November 16.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Theme
Trial of Tempests makes it so that, every 90 seconds, characters will channel an elemental power that triggers specific attacks that:
- Rain meteors from the skies around you.
- Breathe lightning.
- Summon a wall of flame.
- Release twisters of pure energy.
- Crush your foes under the weight of rolling snowballs.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Cosmetic Rewards
Diablo 3's Season 21 continues the trend of bringing back previous seasons' cosmetic rewards, making those earnable in Season 9 obtainable once again.
Players will be able to grab the Conqueror Set's Chest and Gloves alongside the Pandemonium portraits and cute and craggly Rocky pet.
That being said, Trial of Tempests will also feature two new obtainable cosmetic items in the shape of the Stupendous Contraption pet and the Industrial Portrait Frame.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Season Journey Rewards
In Diablo 3's Trial of Tempests season, you'll continue to unlock stash tabs, up to a total of five across Seasons, by unlocking its Conqueror items. Here are its Season Journey tasks:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Lose Yourself: Kill the Skeleton King at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Seasonal Conquests
Like its peers, Diablo 3's Season 21 comes with its own set of Seasonal Conquests. Curses!/Stars Align tasks you with picking any Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and defeating over 350 or more at level 70 on Torment X or higher.
Sprinter/Speed Racer is all about not taking your sweet time, requiring that you complete the entire Diablo III campaign from Act I to Act V, at level 70, in under 1 hour.
Avarice/Avaritia can be completed by pulling off a 50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum.
Another straightforward Seasonal Conquest is Thrill/Superhuman, which revolves around beating a level 45 Greater Rift on your own and without equipping any items belonging to a set.
Lastly, for Speed Demon/Need for Speed, you'll need to finish a Torment X Nephalem Rift at level 70 in 2 minutes.
Diablo 3 Season 21 Haedrig's Gift
Season 21 also rotates the class sets gained from completing certain chapters in the Season Journey. Here are the Trial of Tempests Haedrig Gift's sets:
- Barbarian - Might of the Earth
- Crusader - Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter - The Shadow's Mantle
- Monk - Monkey King's Garb
- Witch Doctor - Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard - Firebird's Finery
- Necromancer - Grace of Inarius
You'll find a detailed description of how to get them, alongside all the details about Diablo 3's Season 21 over on the Diablo 3 website.
Also check out the changes that Diablo 3's patch 2.6.9 is set to introduce in preparation for Season 21.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.